Scanning for GTY room assignment

Jcol5786

Hello,

I know people are very interested in getting their room assignment when they have purchased a guaranteed type of room. The official room assignments seem to come out randomly however we've got our last 2 about 2 weeks out. I saw a couple of threads where people mentioned that they were able to scan a printout of their Set Sail pass or Boarding pass and the room assignment was there before getting official notification. I can report that it seems to be the case. We are sailing on Anthem departing Feb. 23 of this year. We were assigned our muster station in early December and determined that we would be on deck 11. Last Sunday I remembered the mention of scanning the bar code on the Set Sail Pass so I printed it out and using my android phone bar code scanner I checked the bar code and sure enough our room assignment was clearly there. The complete scan showed a 9 digit # separated by a space with a 5 digit # starting with 11XXX. We have not got our official assignment yet but I'm fairly certain that our room has been assigned. I suppose they could change it between now and the cruise but I doubt it. It would have been interesting to see how long ago the bar code contained the room #. I'll have a chance to check that out on our next cruise coming up in October.

Yep, for me it was there as soon as muster station showed up. And can confirm it as accurate as it came up officially and on edocs etc about a week ago. 

Edited by M-H-B
Spelling