Driving from Michigan - Cape Liberty

luvsvacations

2 hours ago, luvsvacations said:

I am looking for suggestions.  We have a cruise out of Cape Liberty and driving in.  I was  wondering where you would suggest to stop the night before and if you would park at the cruise terminal or do a stay and park package??  Thanks

It looks like your going for 9 days on Adventure on June 4 (Thur).  Parking at the port would be $225.

Trinity Reservations is offering the Fairfield Inn with room, free parking for 14 Days, free breakfast, and round trip port transportation for $299 tax included for 1-2 people and $339 for 3-4 people.  This is a great deal.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, luvsvacations said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get off the ship and get the shuttle and opposed to just getting off and getting your car??  Thanks

That’s a tough question to answer.  If you’re using trinityreservations, I’d ask them how you could find out that info.  Last time I used them I was told to call the Ramada when I was off the ship.  It took a while for the shuttle to arrive.  Things might be set up differently for your hotel.

It’s a long drive back to Michigan.  The fastest way back to your car is probably to self disembark and Uber back to your car.

12 minutes ago, luvsvacations said:

Yes that is why I am concerned about possibly even 2 hours??  Do you recommend a Uber or parking at the port?  

Thanks - I am really going back and fourth........

What I recommend is first contacting Bruce at Trinity reservations to find out the pickup process.

We always have a long drive back to Western NY from the NY ports. So we value our car being right there at the port - off ship as early as we can and on the road in minutes.  Any pickup adds an hour or more.  Parking in the garage is well worth the extra cost for us even though we could have saved some money.

I live in Central NY now and drive to Albany.  I get on a bus from Yankee Trails and for $80 they take me to the side of the ship and pick me up when the ship returns.  I've done that for 5 cruises out of NYC.    I park my car in their lot at no cost.    No hassle driving and usually a movie.   For me it's a no brain'er -  It's a lot less then the tolls, and parking fees  - Not to mention it saves a lot of frustration.   

I grew up in NYC and would hate to navigate the West side on cruise days, and park.  

Jack

1 hour ago, luvsvacations said:

Thanks. So are you saying it is complicated to get to the port?  

I disagree with the previous poster. It's not complicated to get to the port. The poster has an inexpensive and convenient way to get the port via a bus line that originates near his current home town. You don't have a similar option so what may make sense for him doesn't for you. The world isn't "one size fits all" . Even worse, he's missed the fact that you're cruising from Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ, so you're not going to be anywhere near the West side of Manhattan, which is what he's talking about.

Edited by njhorseman

No reservations. Entering the cruise port, the terminal and parking garage are about 2 miles away.  Arrive at port between 10-10:30 as there is one road of two lanes and by 11 am there is back up at the terminal. There is no short cut to the garage. You will be directed by personnel towards the terminal and luggage drop off zone, from there you drive to the adjacent garage. Do not leave the parking ticket in the car, you need it to pay when you disembark. Two elevators in the garage, expect a waiting line disembarkation day to use the elevators.

Edited by meadowlander