Cruise just got chartered

We just got notification that our Jan. 17 Allure cruise has been chartered.  They gave us options for 3 other cruises.  Here is my question - I replied and asked my agent a question about one of the dates and he replied that he moved my sailing - The sailing is now showing up in my cruises and I can't go the dates don't work for my work.  I never asked him to book it and only asked "so we can make an informed decision - IF we move it to the Feb 14th sailing will the gratuities be still included"  What are my options now.. he hasn't replied to me.

Wow.  I’m not sure why an agent would ever do something like that without contacting the client.  He had 2 weeks to decide what date to move it to.  I would be looking for a new TA.  

You need to to get in touch with them and ensure that they get it moved to the date of your choice from those options at the price protected price.  

With that you also received $200 in OBC.  I hope he mentioned that and als9 explained all your options 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

If you pre paid you gratuities for the original cruise then they are included in your new sailing. Nothing changed for us when we switched to Harmony from the Allure. We kept the same cabin category and Royal gave is $100.00 each in OBC and we also got obc from the current sale. That’s how it worked for us

need to cal you TA at this point ...heck with email 

Edited by Midwestgal

We're in Tulsa, too, Tulsacoker, booked on Brilliance in two weeks! Ashley, my advice is to CALL the TA, not email, & if no response by tomorrow, call RCI and explain what your travel agent did, offer to send a copy of your email to the TA where you simply asked about a specific sailing, NOT told the TA to book it.  Hopefully they'll be able to correct the issue and answer any other questions you have. I'd also find a new TA ASAP.

2 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

Sounds like your TA is a go getter.

More likely seems like they misinterpreted it. Hopefully they can correct that 

Honestly.....if I was a TA and I had booked someone one a cruise and they expressed even the smallest of interest in a different sailing because the current one got chartered...I would reserve my client a room that fits their requested profile as quickly as possible to make sure if they settle on it they don't end up in a lower category and upset by the whole thing.

But then again...I'm not a travel agent....I don't even book with a travel agent...I just call RC and book what I want...and pay more than everyone else 😞  (i kid...I kid)

Edited by dodgestang

30 minutes ago, fonekween said:

We're in Tulsa, too, Tulsacoker, booked on Brilliance in two weeks! Ashley, my advice is to CALL the TA, not email, & if no response by tomorrow, call RCI and explain what your travel agent did, offer to send a copy of your email to the TA where you simply asked about a specific sailing, NOT told the TA to book it.  Hopefully they'll be able to correct the issue and answer any other questions you have. I'd also find a new TA ASAP.

I agree, call as soon as you can. When we were cancelled 2 weeks ago I almost sent an email and then called.  Glad I did because of the 3 options I had even the TA didnt know of some of the nuances from the email and had to call RC while I was on hold.  RC then had to send the TA to another group that solely deals with these issues.  

When working with the redeployment desk directly they moved a booking of mine cancelled by a charter to the last available date for that ship in 2022 as a placeholder.  I told them I needed some time to think about a replacement cruise and this was their solution.

Today I decided on what cruise I actually want.  The redeployment desk moved my booking (and OBC they offered) to a different ship and sail date.  

The point is under these circumstances Royal has been flexible and allowed me to have a placeholder cruise until the actual cruise I wanted to take was established.  

Your TA should be able to work with Royal in a similar manner once you know what ship and sail date your really want.