Cannot reply to a post

Are you hitting the "reply to this topic" button? You've replied to your Roll Call thread multiple times, so I'm not sure why you're having problems replying to a thread on the forums.

You can always just use the quote button and then add your reply.

That message occurs when you try sending a private message - the system that CC is built on allows such messages, but the powers that be have decided not to use it. Rather than doing some programming to remove the function, the quick & dirty method of simply setting the allowed daily number of messages to 0 was done instead - so my guess is that rather than just typing in the empty box at the bottom of the thread, you are clicking/tapping on the Username of the person who made the post you want to reply to.

Using the Quote function should avoid it as suggested - but if you simply want to add your post into the thread, rather than specifically commenting on someone else's post, you should be able to simply click/tap the empty box at the bottom and then start typing. Of course if you're using a third-party App to access CC, rather than the web site, you may see a very different screen than I do in which case this advice may be totally inaccurate!

• Like 2

There's a difference between replying to a thread and sending a private message.

You can obviously reply to a thread because you did so in this thread.

Sending private messages is not allowed, which is the error message you're seeing. 

12 minutes ago, clo said:

When you log back in you're able to send a private message? Wow.

There are NO private messages allowed on this site. The functionality is only available for staff to be able to contact you directly.

If you want to direct your response to someone, type an @ and begin to type their user name. You will see a drop down box that, the more letters you have, the fewer entries will show up. Either type all of their user name and select the name from the drop down box, or, when you have enough letters just scroll down. You have to select from this drop down for it to work.

For example, to reference you I type @clo and select your name which is at the top of the list.

25 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

There are NO private messages allowed on this site. The functionality is only available for staff to be able to contact you directly.

If you want to direct your response to someone, type an @ and begin to type their user name. You will see a drop down box that, the more letters you have, the fewer entries will show up. Either type all of their user name and select the name from the drop down box, or, when you have enough letters just scroll down. You have to select from this drop down for it to work.

For example, to reference you I type @clo and select your name which is at the top of the list.

@GTO-Girlmade the comment that they could log out and back in and send a message. But maybe they didn't mean that.

31 minutes ago, seaman77 said:

When I clip on submit rely at the bottom, it come up with saving.  It doesn't put my rely on the thread. what next.

You should click on "quote." And if you don't want the whole post just highlight what you want and click on "quote."

3 hours ago, seaman77 said:

When I clip on submit rely at the bottom, it come up with saving.  It doesn't put my rely on the thread. what next.

Your post #277 on the Adventure May 21 2020 NJ, Bermuda & Caribbean 9 nights Roll Call thread:

3 hours ago, seaman77 said:

I'm having a problem, when I go to post a reply on another thread, I go to the bottom and clip on submit reply, and it says ( saving) , but doesn't put the reply on the thread.  what next

On which thread are you trying to post? Is it possibly a locked tread?

Also, perhaps something in this oldie but goodie thread will be helpful: