Ncl transfer from San Juan airport

tracyfitzs

My flight arrives at 8:40am the day of our cruise from San Juan. We want to do the NcL transfer because they will take our bags but we’re trying to figure out if the transfers will make us wait till a certain time to leave airport since boarding is much later  (heard they are asking people to come after 1pm).

We’re platinum but I still assume boarding won’t start anywhere near when we arrive.

We really just want to get rid of our bags then explore San Juan for the day. Will ncl make us wait at the airport for hours or take us to the port right away? 

Any other suggestions to get rid of our bags and go sight seeing? we could taxi to port but wasn’t sure if port will be accepting bags that early either (also I’m aware once at port illl need a taxi to go anywhere).

20 minutes ago, tracyfitzs said:

My flight arrives at 8:40am the day of our cruise from San Juan. We want to do the NcL transfer because they will take our bags but we’re trying to figure out if the transfers will make us wait till a certain time to leave airport since boarding is much later  (heard they are asking people to come after 1pm).

We’re platinum but I still assume boarding won’t start anywhere near when we arrive.

We really just want to get rid of our bags then explore San Juan for the day. Will ncl make us wait at the airport for hours or take us to the port right away? 

Any other suggestions to get rid of our bags and go sight seeing? we could taxi to port but wasn’t sure if port will be accepting bags that early either (also I’m aware once at port illl need a taxi to go anywhere).

Generally you can drop your bags off much earlier than boarding begins. I would get a cab to the ship and then have him take you to Old Town. (It will probably be 10:00 before you get to the ship so they should be accepting bags).  Alternatively get a cab and have them give you an island tour and then take you to the ship.

Epic has been sending out notices to every sailing to not arrive until after 1pm. While I've seen people mention getting there after 12pm I have yet to see anyone post they've arrived earlier. I would wonder if they won't have people out there collecting bags really early. 

The NCL transfer undoubtedly will wait until the port is clear before they start to transfer you over there. 

I'm not sure if they've changed things at the port, but last time we sailed out of Pan Am pier, you had to wait in one line that eventually went under long, narrow canopy to just before security where it opened up a bit.  Bag drop was right at these doors and not some other place like most ports. Maybe a recent cruiser can give latest info.