Tomahawk Steak

unrealHeather

I'm in Costa's website customizing my cruise and see you can pre purchase things like tomahawk steak.  Curious where this would be served, I assume the main dining room?  My family doesn't enjoy the MDR experience so would they be able to serve it at the buffet or premium restaurant instead?

22 minutes ago, G.M.T. said:

One thing I learned a long time ago, NEVER order a steak in an Italian establishment (including Italian cruise ships). Pasta is wonderful, steak is like eating the sole of your shoes.

Save your money.

Thanks but I eat keto and haven't had past in about 5 years.

As GMT said and I can confirm the beef steaks on Costa extremely tough, I tried it three times in the Club Restaurant on our last cruise asking for rare. You needed a Stanley Knife or craft knife to cut it and someone to help you chew it. Sent it back twice the third time refused it after trying to cut it & had fish instead. Even the Lobster I ordered was over cooked, but ever fish dish was awesome.

We saw steaks left on plates quite often & Maître 'd did try to improve it but didn't, guess it is how it is stored.  

Edited by tenpin
spelling

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2020 at 7:48 AM, unrealHeather said:

I'm in Costa's website customizing my cruise and see you can pre purchase things like tomahawk steak.  Curious where this would be served, I assume the main dining room?  My family doesn't enjoy the MDR experience so would they be able to serve it at the buffet or premium restaurant instead?

They cook it on the day you order it  - not when you expect to eat it !!!!!! 🥩⚒️😜

Hello Ron, still here in the background

Edited by dizzy1948

• 2 weeks later...