Port Valet in Seattle

13cheermom

Has anyone used this service in Seattle recently?  I know it is available for our Alaskan cruise from what I have read, but wondered if anyone has specific details on how it works.  This will be a new port for us as well as first time on Princess ship, so any details would be greatly appreciated!

2 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Has anyone used this service in Seattle recently?  I know it is available for our Alaskan cruise from what I have read, but wondered if anyone has specific details on how it works.  This will be a new port for us as well as first time on Princess ship, so any details would be greatly appreciated!

This service is outstanding! We used it in June following an Alaskan cruise with 10 family members ( like 15 bags). You sign up early in the cruise, receive special tags later in the week, place the bags in the hallway as normal, and collect them at your flight destination.  We received our boarding passes along with the special tags.  Southwest did require a quick checkin at the ticketing counter, but it was very fast.  Port of Seattle covers the cost.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Google it and you find the answer to all your concerns.

Have you checked their website?  https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

This may get moved by the moderator to the West Coast Departures Board.

If you so a search on that board, here are some threads:

• this one began a couple of years ago but has recent postings on the last page: 
  • this one is from last August/September:

Edited by capriccio

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

Have you checked their website?  https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

This may get moved by the moderator to the West Coast Departures Board.

If you so a search on that board, here are some threads:

• this one began a couple of years ago but has recent postings on the last page: 
  • this one is from last August/September:

Thank-You for the links, I have looked at all that information and read the main thread from 2017.  I just like to read personal encounters with programs like this rather than what is suppose to happen, lol.  Was also curious about debarkation from ship and if that is different in any way?  Like I stated this is our 1st Princess cruise from Port of Seattle, so will be a totally new experience for us (we have been cruising for over 15 years) so I just like to be aware of how things kinda work.  Call it the over planner in me 😅.  

1 minute ago, 13cheermom said:

Call it the over planner in me 😅.  

Totally understand!  I'm the same way.

Maybe poster Pierless Tom (I think that is his moniker) will respond.  He works the Seattle Princess terminal during the season and is a font of all knowledge Seattle-related.

6 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Totally understand!  I'm the same way.

Maybe poster Pierless Tom (I think that is his moniker) will respond.  He works the Seattle Princess terminal during the season and is a font of all knowledge Seattle-related.

I will try the also!  Sometimes when you post to specific topics, they never get responded to, that's why I just went with main one, until it gets moved, lol.  Noticed your from Shenandoah Valley area, my daughter graduated from Pharmacy School there in 2014, it's a beautiful area up there.  We enjoyed visiting her during that time, we actually own a condo there that we purchased for her during that time and still own and rent to this day (pretty good investment area also).  Thanks again for all your help! Have a great day.

3 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Thank-You for the links, I have looked at all that information and read the main thread from 2017.  I just like to read personal encounters with programs like this rather than what is suppose to happen, lol.  Was also curious about debarkation from ship and if that is different in any way?  Like I stated this is our 1st Princess cruise from Port of Seattle, so will be a totally new experience for us (we have been cruising for over 15 years) so I just like to be aware of how things kinda work.  Call it the over planner in me 😅.  

Unless you are traveling very early in the season, or very late in the season, there will be two ships at Pier 91 - Princess and HAL.  If you are using Port Valet, your luggage will be collected the night before.  Make sure that you have your travel ID, medications, valuables and anything else important in your handheld luggage. 

You will get off the ship, go down an escalator (or elevator), and walk through the luggage hall.  If you are using Port Valet, you will  walk by all the rows of luggage and proceed directly to the nice officers who will be looking at your passport (or whatever travel doc you used to get onto the ship). 

You will then exit the building.  Cruise line bus transfers are on your right side, as is the Taxi line.  Personal car pick up (by friends/family)  and Town Car service is on your left side.  Uber and Lyft will be  a .04 mile walk (7-10 minutes).  There is a shuttle van for the 'shared ride' lot by the red & while pole just before the line of airport buses.

There is lots of shore-side staff to help direct you and answer questions.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
added more information.

8 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Unless you are traveling very early in the season, or very late in the season, there will be two ships at Pier 91 - Princess and HAL.  If you are using Port Valet, your luggage will be collected the night before.  Make sure that you have your travel ID, medications, valuables and anything else important in your handheld luggage. 

You will get off the ship, go down an escalator (or elevator), and walk through the luggage hall.  If you are using Port Valet, you will  walk by all the rows of luggage and proceed directly to the nice officers who will be looking at your passport (or whatever travel doc you used to get onto the ship). 

You will then exit the building.  Cruise line bus transfers are on your right side, as is the Taxi line.  Personal car (friends/family)  and Town Car service is on your left side.  Uber and Lyft will be  a .04 mile walk (7-10 minutes).  There is a shuttle van for the 'shared ride' lot by the red & while pole just before the line of airport buses.

There is lots of shore-side staff to help direct you and answer questions.

Thank you so much, this is more of what I was looking for as in details.  We are priority with Carnival so are usually first off the ship, know what to expect and it is quite routine.  This is our 1st cruise with Princess (May 16-23), wondered if this enabled an earlier debarkation from the ship.  We have an 11:30 am flight out of SEATAC through Princess EZ-AIR, so trying to figure the best transportation based on getting off the ship to ensure we have plenty of time.  I think sending luggage ahead of time will be helpful, won't require as much space in transportation for the 4 of us.  When I'm planning for more than just our immediate family I like to do my research, because everyone always asks questions. 😥

During the 2019 season, Airport transfers (if bought at  Pier 91) were $29 per person to the airport.  Taxis were a flat fee of $47.  I'm not sure what Uber/Lyft cost, but probably less than taxis.  But if you bring Uber/Lyft up on your phone you will know before you order one.  Taxi line can be long, but there are usually lots of taxis early on.  Fewer taxis after the initial rush (like by 9:30).

Hope this helps.

We loved this program!  Put our luggage out the night before with a special tag on it (took about 3 minutes to fill out).  Next time we saw our luggage was at our home airport on the luggage belt!  

We had extra OBC, so we used it for HAL transfers.  At the airport went right to security as Port Valet provided us with boarding passes (we used SW's Early Bird program to get a low number).  NO issues - entire process was quick and easy.  Wish we could do this at every port!

4 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

We have an 11:30 am flight out of SEATAC through Princess EZ-AIR, so trying to figure the best transportation based on getting off the ship to ensure we have plenty of time.

Last year the flight times seemed to vary early in the season depending on how many ships /passengers were in port each day. You may not know until you are on the ship. There is a spot on the form to tell them you don't have luggage fees from the airline.