2020 Maasdam 14 Day Pacific Treasures Highlights video

Bellair

This video provides a highlight of ports and up-to-date onboard experience during the 6-20 Jan. 2020 cruise visiting ports in New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Norfolk Island and New Zealand including a spectacular departure from Sydney

Enjoy the cruise!

https://youtu.be/NCPw8hm6b00

Edited by Bellair
  • Like 5

Thanks for sharing, always fun to view your beautiful video's. Nice to see some familiar faces on Maasdam, a ship we love very much and also under captain P.J., great sense of dry humor and I think currently the only Netherlands Navy reserve captain with HAL, so showing his distinctive Netherlands flag in port.

Edited by Alphen

11 hours ago, Alphen said:

Thanks for sharing, always fun to view your beautiful video's. Nice to see some familiar faces on Maasdam, a ship we love very much and also under captain P.J., great sense of dry humor and I think currently the only Netherlands Navy reserve captain with HAL, so showing his distinctive Netherlands flag in port.

Wonderful, yes he was a great Captain with a very dry humour indeed.

I hope they made it to Norfolk Island with the Tenders this time....the island is much like Easter Island with 80% chance of not landing.

13 hours ago, BSR said:

Enjoyed the video. 

8 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for sharing, this is on my bucket list, so I really appreciate it!

8 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for sharing, this is on my bucket list, so I really appreciate it!

You would definitely love this itinerary and the islands are so unspoilt.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful video of your Maasdam cruise - lovely ship.  We did Sydney to Queensland and islands of PNG and back to Sydney before Christmas and it was a fabulous cruise too.  We were on the same cruise as you back in 2012 on the Volendam to Asia and I found myself on your video 🙂 

Very nice video and I especially enjoyed the mixing of the music with sounds from the scenes!  It reminded me of my cruise on the Noordam last year from Sydney to Honolulu........sigh......I want to be on board......now!!

Thank you,

~Nancy

On 1/23/2020 at 11:41 PM, ozcruizer said:

Thanks for sharing your wonderful video of your Maasdam cruise - lovely ship.  We did Sydney to Queensland and islands of PNG and back to Sydney before Christmas and it was a fabulous cruise too.  We were on the same cruise as you back in 2012 on the Volendam to Asia and I found myself on your video 🙂 

We were on the Maasdam of the rare WW2 S.Pacific cruise in Sep. from Japan to Sydney & also saw some great places in PNG

Here is the video highlights....a wonderful cruise.

https://youtu.be/qilbZf1hEnQ

On 1/25/2020 at 2:36 AM, Bruinboy said:

Outstanding video. We were on the Maasdam many moons ago and a year ago were in Australia and New Zealand of the Noordam. Thanks for sharing. Fun reliving some of our past experiences.

There have been some great deals recently on both the Noordam & Maasdam. Friends were able to take advantage of a Neptune suite unbelievable fare recently.

On 1/24/2020 at 3:54 PM, oakridger said:

Very nice video and I especially enjoyed the mixing of the music with sounds from the scenes!  It reminded me of my cruise on the Noordam last year from Sydney to Honolulu........sigh......I want to be on board......now!!

Thank you,

~Nancy

Hi Nancy, Thank for for your kind comments.

Enjoyed watching your great video, we boarded Maasdam on January 20th, disembarking yesterday.

At Cascade Captain P J  announced "go ashore at your own risk".  Some passengers did go ashore, they were not permitted to carry anything in their hands, both hands were needed to grip the hands of the two crew members on the Norfolk Island tender when trying to step over from Maasdam.

We cancelled the HAL excursion we had booked.  Decided it would be safer to fly into Norfolk.

Thank you for sharing your video.

Edited by erewhon

Many thanks for letting me know re your Norfolk Island experience. S glad you enjoyed the video.

In the news here today that some of the South Pacific French islands are not allowing cruise ships to land due to the Coronavirus. The islands are Lifou, Isle of Pines & Mare.

Thank you for the video - it was very enjoyable.  I expect to be on the Maasdam in September - my first time on her.  My trip is 16 days.  Have never been on one that long.  How did you find the 14 day one?  Was there lots to do?  Can you tell me if the rooms have refrigerators for medication?