B2B (same room) cruisers are now required to attend the Muster drill for the 2nd leg

fstuff1

On 1/26/2020 at 5:14 AM, KeithJenner said:

I don't think that anything has changed, just the usual inconsistancy that you get with NCL.

My experience:

Jade 14 night (2 x 7 nights) booked as one cruise, so in the same cabin in 2014 - We got a message stating specifically that we did not need to attend the second muster drill.

Espace 14 night (b2b2b2b with three different rooms, booked as three segments). I  knew that I would definitely need to attend the musters where I changed rooms, but wasn't sure about the first segment (which was a 2 night followed by 1 night booked as one. I asked at guest services and was told that there was no need to attend. Then, when it happened, they announced that everyone needed to be there. My annoyance wasn't at having to go, but being given incorrect information when I specifically asked.

It is obvious that people don't always need to attend muster at every embarkation port. Just look at the Epic in the Med where people embark at Barcelona and Rome. You only need to attend the one.

There isn't a reliable fleet wide policy, as there are such a number of different situations, and there will always be room for interpretation by the onboard staff. Always check, and if in doubt attend.

It has changed . As I said earlier, last year in the Gem b2b2b we didn't have to attend anything but the first drill, but this year in the same ship with the same general manager the same captain, similar itinerary...we're even in the same cabin as last year...we have to attend all the drills. Last year's procedure violated SOLAS regulations. We were on the ship for 44 days with only attending one drill. This year the ship will be in compliance with SOLAS.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:02 AM, Newleno said:

Yeah , it is most definitely an inconvenience if you are in a great city exploring and you have to come back for a drill that you did a week earlier.

Given that the muster drill is usually held about 30 minutes prior to departure you would have to be on board by then anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, njhorseman said:

It has changed . As I said earlier, last year in the Gem b2b2b we didn't have to attend anything but the first drill, but this year in the same ship with the same general manager the same captain, similar itinerary...we're even in the same cabin as last year...we have to attend all the drills. Last year's procedure violated SOLAS regulations. We were on the ship for 44 days with only attending one drill. This year the ship will be in compliance with SOLAS.

Compliance is good. 🤣

I hope you and your DW are enjoying the return voyage so far! 

We are also currently on the Gem B2B in the same cabin actually booked as one cruise. Guest Services manager said we did not have to do the second muster, concierge said we did. When we tried to check in for the drill our name was not on their list. We stayed even though we could have left and they just added our name to the list.

5 minutes ago, peg013 said:

We are also currently on the Gem B2B in the same cabin actually booked as one cruise. Guest Services manager said we did not have to do the second muster, concierge said we did. When we tried to check in for the drill our name was not on their list. We stayed even though we could have left and they just added our name to the list.

LOL!

Hope you and DH are enjoying the return trip so far! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, peg013 said:

Wait a second, you mean to tell us that high level officers on the ship are giving you completely contradicting answers?  I am shocked!    Not.

Trying getting a straight answer on something from a shoreside customer service rep, I dare you.

Edited by Love my butler
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2020 at 5:43 PM, njhorseman said:

Given that the muster drill is usually held about 30 minutes prior to departure you would have to be on board by then anyway.

Fake news and you got a like to boot, over 50 cruises under my belt

15 hours ago, Newleno said:

Fake news and you got a like to boot, over 50 cruises under my belt

Sorry, it's not fake news. We have cruised about 75 times...and many long cruises in that total. Right now we're on a 51 day b2b2b on the Gem.

Do you have to be on board precisely no later than 30 minutes prior to sailaway under normal  conditions ?  No,they're not going to pull in the gangway on you if you're a couple of minutes late, but if you have to be at the muster drill you better be there .

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 8:37 AM, fstuff1 said:

when i was on the pearl last year, the hotel director said we didnt need to do the muster drill for the 2nd leg.

he said it was NCL fleetwide policy.

this week, i got this letter at the end of my 1st leg on the Breakaway.

so either the policy has changed or the Breakaway decided to have a more stricter policy.

no biggie. 

just fyi

and will 

Thank You for the info. We have sailed on several b2b. And will sail  b2b in Jan 2021. Good info