Ocean Cay Cabanas

Rob-Bob

On 2/15/2020 at 6:02 PM, MJC said:

These are not my photos but many thanks to whoever took them. This is a picture from a thread about the Yacht Club area on Ocean Cay, but it is an accurate portrayal of the cabana setup on all the beaches we saw.  If you stand on the pathway along the beach, looking toward the ocean, there is a line of various trees, then the row of cabanas up and down the beach, which are a decent width apart, then all the loungers on the beach, and then the water. So, you will have to cross the beach through the loungers to get to the water from a cabana. Some of the beaches, like Sunset Beach, are deeper than this so there is more distance between the cabanas, the loungers, and the water. But this is the general layout for the beaches we saw (we were not Yacht Club so I cannot comment on their beach).

image.png.dfa3261cb0663da3bd5b7c8100a8e2

Cabanas look like this with the chairs arranged inside not on the beach as shown. Some people had pulled loungers up to their cabana and had an umbrella too. Some reports are that they are comfy for 4 but would be tight for 6. YMMV. Since DH is 6'3 he would count as two in my book. 🙂

9c325998-cd7d-4b08-a028-1d26c2a6945b?wid

I don't know if there are actually any cabanas as close to the water as this. Perhaps this is a marketing photo? I read on one of the threads that the YC cabanas that have a direct water view are on a promontory and thus don't have water access.

The beaches that I saw with the setup I described were Sunset, Paradise Sands, Bimini, and the lagoon beaches (North and South). I cannot comment on the family cove or the YC. I don't recall seeing cabanas on Lighthouse Bay but I wasn't paying attention to that one when we went by.

Generally it will be usable from 10am to 4pm. The crew spends the morning offloading all the food and supplies for the day. Most people go back to the ship at 4pm for showers and dinner because the island buffet is only open for lunch. We left our beach at 4 and we felt like stragglers. 🙂 Then folks return to the island for the light show,  parade, and dance party.

None of them are close to the water. 

4 hours ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

That first one would be #1

Thank you.  Did you see the numbers? I wasn't sure which way they had them arranged.

I want to request that cabana when onboard.

Thank you again.

2 hours ago, js said:

Thank you.  Did you see the numbers? I wasn't sure which way they had them arranged.

I want to request that cabana when onboard.

Thank you again.

Number 6 on the beach front is closest to the beach house. Number 1 would be the farthest on that side. Then number 7 starts on the other side of the beach house for the beach view.  Is this the info you need?

6 hours ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Number 6 on the beach front is closest to the beach house. Number 1 would be the farthest on that side. Then number 7 starts on the other side of the beach house for the beach view.  Is this the info you need?

Exactly! Thanks so much! I appreciate it. 

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, phissy said:

Are any of the YC cabanas , on OC, reserved for passengers like the ones for RS passengers onboard ?

Actually a bit bummed. When we booked the Seaside for last year in a YC3, it included a free cabana on the island. Of course that cruise was cancelled & they pushed our booking forward to  this September. The ship was changed to the Mereviglia & it does NOT include the island cabana.

I think they are very expensive.