Best time of day to do snorkeling?

Macklin410

Trying to decide on when we should do a catamaran snorkeling tour. We've never been snorkeling before and this will be our first time in Bermuda. We only have two options of when to go on the 3 hour tour, 9:30am or 2pm. My first instinct tells me to do the 2pm tour to make sure we can appreciate being in the water during the warmer part of the day. However, I'm not sure if there is anything else to consider like knowing when high tides and low tides are.

57 minutes ago, Macklin410 said:

My first instinct tells me to do the 2pm tour to make sure we can appreciate being in the water during the warmer part of the day. However, I'm not sure if there is anything else to consider like knowing when high tides and low tides are.

If you are on a catamaran out away from the shore tides really aren't going to make a huge difference. Even if they did tides are very mild in Bermuda-- about a 2ft swing and barely noticeable on a beach, let alone out in the water on a boat. 

The most enjoyable times we've had snorkeling in Bermuda were when we rent a private Boston Whaler and go out to wrecks like HMS Vixen-- lets you do things on your own time. They also provide you with a loaf of white bread-- putting a few pieces in the water attracts a host of fish right to you.