New orleans

bev77

Anyone stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on Julia St.?  How was it and how close to port, it looks very close. Was it close to get a street car or Hop on Hop off bus? we are going in March, how were the seas in the gulf that time if year.

I haven’t stayed there but I’ve stayed at a lot of hotels right around it. It’s IMO a short walk to the port. 

In this article scroll down to the walking from convention center hotels section and you can see video of me walking from the Marriott. The street corner i cross from is Julia.

https://saintgregtravel.com/new-orleans-walking-to-the-port/

There’s a streetcar stop at Julia by the riverwalk mall but I think it’s still closed due to construction at the Four Seasons. 

If you go about 4 blocks the other direction you will come to the St. Charles/Julia street car stop. 

Depending on the amount of time you have in town I would highly recommend a stop at the WWII museum which is right in that area.

https://saintgregtravel.com/new-orleans-wwii-museum/

If you have any questions on anything I’m happy to help.

I have always stayed at Holiday Inn Superdome when porting from New Orleans. You can book their cruise package and as long as you stay at least one night, you can leave your car in their parking garage the length of your cruise.

Edited by mocruiser77
Misspelling

The Julia St. Marriott courtyard is excellently placed if you're cruising NCL or any other line that uses the Julia St. Terminal. You are on the street (Julia street) that leads right to the terminal entrance. A short walk down the street takes you right there, easy unless you can't manage your luggage.

If you're cruising Carnival or any line that uses the Erato Street terminal, the walk would be quite a long one...not impossible but if you have a lot of large luggage, you'd probably want to arrange transportation. 

Seas in the Gulf of Mexico, assuming no large storms nearby, are almost always calm to moderate. Unless you are very sensitive to it, you shouldn't feel any effects.

• Like 1

On January 26, 2020 at 1:09 PM, VideoTech said:

The Julia St. Marriott courtyard is excellently placed if you're cruising NCL or any other line that uses the Julia St. Terminal. You are on the street (Julia street) that leads right to the terminal entrance. A short walk down the street takes you right there, easy unless you can't manage your luggage.

If you're cruising Carnival or any line that uses the Erato Street terminal, the walk would be quite a long one...not impossible but if you have a lot of large luggage, you'd probably want to arrange transportation. 

Seas in the Gulf of Mexico, assuming no large storms nearby, are almost always calm to moderate. Unless you are very sensitive to it, you shouldn't feel any effects.