Is There Any Storage in a Mariner Standard Cabin?

Ladys Mom

A number of us are booked on the Regent 2021 World Cruise on the Mariner.  We are in standard (non-Penthouse and above) cabins.  We understand that there are no longer any drawers in the closet.  Is there any other storage in the cabin for folded clothes?  If anyone is on the Mariner right now could they take some pictures of the cabin, especially the closet.  Thanks so much.

They took some drawers out of the sitting area. There's still drawers in the closet. This video is a tour of a concierge cabin on Mariner.  The standard cabins are identical in layout (except for the shower vs bathtub thing discussed on other threads)--it's just amenities that differ. 

If you need more drawer space than what you see here, you can ask that the end table next to the couch be replaced with a mini-dresser. We did this on a grand voyage on Navigator in 2018. The lamp goes away with the end table, as it's attached and there's no way to secure one on the dresser.

He gets to the closet around minute 4.

• Like 1

Actually during Mariner’s drydock, Regent added the upper left corner glass cabinet shown in the video which freed up space for three drawers to the right of the desk. You can see the drawers starting at about 1:50 into the video.

Dave

One thing we did on a world cruise: I got a plastic shoe bag that was flat and held 16 pairs of shoes. We kept it under the sofa. This won't work if you have a cabin with a fold-out couch, but it should fit under the standard love seat. I think I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond. Avoid the kinds with structured sides--you want plastic or cloth so it's flexible. And, of course, keep clothes for climates you're not currently sailing through in a suitcase under the bed. In fact, that's a good place to store any infrequently-used items.

14 hours ago, DaveFr said:

Actually during Mariner’s drydock, Regent added the upper left corner glass cabinet shown in the video which freed up space for three drawers to the right of the desk. You can see the drawers starting at about 1:50 into the video.

Dave

Thanks.  It actually looks like there's plenty of space, if this video was post-refurb?  I.e., the drawers that he shows are still there, like the vanity and the drawers under the right end of the desk (shown at 1:55 in the video.  Can anyone confirm?

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Thanks.  It actually looks like there's plenty of space, if this video was post-refurb?  I.e., the drawers that he shows are still there, like the vanity and the drawers under the right end of the desk (shown at 1:55 in the video.  Can anyone confirm?

It’s definitely post-refurb. If it was pre-refurb, there would be cabinets over the desk. It looks like Regent added the corner cabinet for glassware because of complaints on Voyager and Navigator about the lack of storage in the desk area.

Dave

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

It’s definitely post-refurb. If it was pre-refurb, there would be cabinets over the desk. It looks like Regent added the corner cabinet for glassware because of complaints on Voyager and Navigator about the lack of storage in the desk area.

Dave

Thanks for clarifying, Dave.  Looks good to me.

I will miss the tub chair, but can't have everything.  Desk seems okay but would rather have a chair than a stool.  Perhaps we can ask for one. Desk where you could put a laptop is also pretty narrow.

Not a lot of nooks for cloth basket storage, but perhaps a small one could go under the side table by the couch.  Oh, for a penthouse!

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

23 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Thanks for clarifying, Dave.  Looks good to me.

I will miss the tub chair, but can't have everything.  Desk seems okay but would rather have a chair than a stool.  Perhaps we can ask for one. Desk where you could put a laptop is also pretty narrow.

Not a lot of nooks for cloth basket storage, but perhaps a small one could go under the side table by the couch.  Oh, for a penthouse!

We can put the cubes under our clothes in the part of the closet that has only only bar.  I agree about the penthouse.  Every time I see that there is an open cabin I agonize as to whether to upgrade.  Then I remind myself that we can take another whole cruise for the difference. Ce la vie.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

We can put the cubes under our clothes in the part of the closet that has only only bar.  I agree about the penthouse.  Every time I see that there is an open cabin I agonize as to whether to upgrade.  Then I remind myself that we can take another whole cruise for the difference. Ce la vie.

Isn't that the truth?  Always have operated that way in terms of cabins, why would I change for the WC where we're spending our patrimony, so to speak?  C'est la vie indeed!

1 hour ago, Floridiana said:

Can the TV be tilted so we can watch TV from the bed? Do magnets stick to the wall?

I don't like the large coffee table; it blocks a lot of space and then the desk is really narrow. I see the table becoming cluttered. 

I agree.  I'm thinking my laptop will end up on the coffee table.  Is it fixed, or can it be moved?  

Cardboard document holders for paper clutter, and hopefully a small drawer somewhere nearby for chargers and cables?

The end tables on either side of the bed are good for chargers and cables.  I can't remember if there are plugs on both sides but the drawer would be a great solution on that side.  Like your idea for the document carrier.  On previous cruises, the counter near the refrigerator becomes the dumping ground for all paperwork.  In our cabin on the Voyager, that is closest to this one, my DH always had his laptop on the desk area.  Now, with both of us taking laptops, I don't know where mine will land.  

3 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

...  Now, with both of us taking laptops, I don't know where mine will land.  

I'm not sure about laptops yet, we'll have to work that out.  Never taken one before, but always have had phones and/or tablets.  But need a laptop I think, for various things, photo editing, journals perhaps, and of course, banking.  I'm thinking we could buy a cheap laptop just for the trip, something small that we could both use--we'll see.

I checked, we have several empty document carriers, plastic, not cardboard but light weight. And we don't really need them at home. I could leave them on the ship when the souvenirs take too much space  at the end of the cruise. 😉

I discovered spare space on the walls for things I could hang or maybe a world map. Does anyone know about the walls, do magnets work?

Edited by Floridiana

29 minutes ago, Floridiana said:

I discovered spare space on the walls for things I could hang or maybe a world map. Does anyone know about the walls, do magnets work?

I'm not sure about magnetics after the re-do. On Navigator, only a small portion of the wall is still magnetized, post refurbishment (at least in the lower-level cabins).  We used painter's tape for our world map on a grand voyage last year.

I would love it if Regent provided us with some type of wall map for the trip.  Other lines do this for world cruises I believe.  Too bad magnets no longer work.  Is the wallpaper very highly textured?  I wonder if 3M Command hooks etc. might not adhere properly--I also worry about damaging the walls, despite the fact that they supposedly come off easily.