Beach Gear Purchase in Sydney

lissie

We are flying into Sydney to do a cruise to PNG.  We need to take a few items which I'm currently missing and would probably be easier to buy in Sydney than try to fit them in a bag from home. Key items are a pool noodle and flippers/fins. Any ideas on a central place we can pick up some cheap and cheerful items - adult sizes. We're staying at Circular Quay and  have  several days before the cruise departs. 

Thanks 

There is a Rebel Sport shop on the corner of King and Pitt streets in the main Sydney shopping area, a few blocks from Circular Quay. Alternatively take the train to Bondi Junction (you have to change trains at Town Hall Station) and go to the big Westfield shopping centre which has Rebel Sport and Target, plus one of the most scenic food courts in Sydney with great views over the harbour.

• Like 1

If you just want to go cheap there is a shopping centre at Broadway which has a Kmart.  It's a 10 minute walk from Central Station, or you could get any number of buses that go past it.  Bondi Junction also has a Kmart (it's in another building to the Westfield) if you're thinking of heading that way

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lissie said:

We are flying into Sydney to do a cruise to PNG.  We need to take a few items which I'm currently missing and would probably be easier to buy in Sydney than try to fit them in a bag from home. Key items are a pool noodle and flippers/fins. Any ideas on a central place we can pick up some cheap and cheerful items - adult sizes. We're staying at Circular Quay and  have  several days before the cruise departs. 

Thanks 

Depending on your cruise line you may be able to hire snorkel,mask and fins on board. We did on a PNG cruise with P&O and found it quite reasonable and very convenient. The hire was for the duration of the cruise and they were used in several ports.

1 hour ago, NeilonBoard said:

Depending on your cruise line you may be able to hire snorkel,mask and fins on board. We did on a PNG cruise with P&O and found it quite reasonable and very convenient. The hire was for the duration of the cruise and they were used in several ports.

We're going on Cunard - it won't be reasonable we know that much -they are charging US$110 for a 3/4 hour snorkel tour on Conflict LOL 

On 1/23/2020 at 2:25 PM, lissie said:

We're going on Cunard - it won't be reasonable we know that much -they are charging US$110 for a 3/4 hour snorkel tour on Conflict LOL 

In December, we were on a Princess cruise that included the Conflict Islands. I was going to bed snorkelling alone so I booked on the Princess 'tour' but it wasn't as expensive as the Cunard one. I spoke to several people who went snorkelling off the beach. They said it was quite good with colourful coral and lots of fish. After you leave the jetty, walk a few hundred metres to the left to reach the beach. While you are on the island, I suggest you take a walk in the other direction from the jetty. Go to the airstrip and the international terminal (a grass hut). 😁

• Like 1

I've just dug out our masks - going to the local  (heated) swimming pool next week to try them out - we live next to the beach but its too cold to get wet on for me! So looking forward to the tropics !