hotel recommendations for Sydney and Auckland

bobk57

My wife and I will be cruising on Princess, late November 2020 from Sydney to Auckland and are looking for recommendations for a hotel near the cruise docks in Sydney and one in Auckland.  We will be staying four nights prior to the cruise in Sydney and one night after disembarkation in Auckland.  Two hotels that we are considering in Sydney is the Travelodge and Rydges(the old Holiday Inn).  Any suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated.

Maholo

22 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The Rydges has the best position in the rocks. I haven’t stayed there but I heard the rooms are on the small side.

For 4 nights in Sydney we have a lot of serviced appartments which would be better.

Regarding serviced apartments in Sydney...would I look under air b and b or is it called something else?

Meriton is a brand also Adina  that has a few in Sydney.

But one everyone is talking about is SKYE suites near Wynyard station.

If try Bookings.com and refine the search.

36 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

Regarding serviced apartments in Sydney...would I look under air b and b or is it called something else?

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Meriton is a brand also Adina  that has a few in Sydney.

But one everyone is talking about is SKYE suites near Wynyard station.

If try Bookings.com and refine the search.

Thanks

We usually use serviced apartments when staying in Sydney - just check some of the hotel booking sites. We use Meriton usually. It is convenient to have a kitchenette and quite often laundry facilities in your own apartment. 

Leigh

We are staying at Quest Serviced apartment in Auckland both prior to and after our cruise in March, 2020.  We have a two bedroom and will be sharing it with another couple so the price is better.  Room will be serviced every other day but it depends on the length of your reservation.  We also booked the breakfast included option.  

• 1 year later...

Following for Auckland in March of 2023.  Will be staying 3 days (or thereabouts) prior to our cruise.  Looking for something close to the cruise terminal but don't want to spend a fortune - clean and close to restaurants is most important.  Cruise leaves the Saturday before Easter Sunday, so what would be open on Good Friday?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 7:33 PM, CeeCee59 said:

Following for Auckland in March of 2023.  Will be staying 3 days (or thereabouts) prior to our cruise.  Looking for something close to the cruise terminal but don't want to spend a fortune - clean and close to restaurants is most important.  Cruise leaves the Saturday before Easter Sunday, so what would be open on Good Friday?

Consider one of the Sky City hotels. We stayed in the Sky City Grand (the higher-end one) and there were numerous good restaurants either in the Sky City complex or close by.