Canadian resident discount for us resident

japanimal

Hey Everyone!

Been on a couple cruises and a lurker on the forum for a couple of years. Looking to do a Disney cruise with the family (3rd time for me) and bringing the in-laws(everyone in the group are US residents). I'm shopping around due to the high cost and one travel agent gave me a quote that's too good to be true. They stated "This is technically under a Canadian Resident promotion but as far as I can tell, they aren't giving any restrictions. It would definitely be worth a try." Has anyone heard/done anything like this before? 

Thanks ahead of time!

2 minutes ago, japanimal said:

Hey Everyone!

Been on a couple cruises and a lurker on the forum for a couple of years. Looking to do a Disney cruise with the family (3rd time for me) and bringing the in-laws(everyone in the group are US residents). I'm shopping around due to the high cost and one travel agent gave me a quote that's too good to be true. They stated "This is technically under a Canadian Resident promotion but as far as I can tell, they aren't giving any restrictions. It would definitely be worth a try." Has anyone heard/done anything like this before? 

Thanks ahead of time!

So, your TA is suggesting that you attempt to defraud a cruise line and you're considering doing it?

59 minutes ago, japanimal said:

Hey Everyone!

Thanks ahead of time!

I know that DCL does require proof of residency on the Florida resident rates (when offered).  I'd suspect they'll do the same for any other special offer.

I looked it up - on the DCL website it says:

Important Details

• Excludes Suites and Categories with Restrictions (VGT, OGT, and IGT).
  • Proof of Canada residency will be required at time of check-in.
  • Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses are not included.
  • If booking through our Contact Center, must mention code CAN. Offers may be applied to existing bookings if requested by caller.
  • The number of staterooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • This offer cannot be combined with any other special offer or discounts, or onboard credits.
  • Offer valid for new and existing reservations.
  • Offer subject to Disney Cruise Line Terms and Conditions.

• Like 1

I know that DCL does require proof of residency on the Florida resident rates (when offered).  I'd suspect they'll do the same for any other special offer.

I looked it up - on the DCL website it says:

Important Details

• Excludes Suites and Categories with Restrictions (VGT, OGT, and IGT).
  • Proof of Canada residency will be required at time of check-in.
  • Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses are not included.
  • If booking through our Contact Center, must mention code CAN. Offers may be applied to existing bookings if requested by caller.
  • The number of staterooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • This offer cannot be combined with any other special offer or discounts, or onboard credits.
  • Offer valid for new and existing reservations.
  • Offer subject to Disney Cruise Line Terms and Conditions.

Thanks. Even Princess and Holland America have the cheapest rate for Canadian residents.

US residents have to pay 10% more, while those residing outside North America pay 20% more.

Very unfair and discriminatory in my humble opinion

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

On 1/23/2020 at 2:47 AM, drsel said:

Thanks. Even Princess and Holland America have the cheapest rate for Canadian residents.

US residents have to pay 10% more, while those residing outside North America pay 20% more.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

You do realize that the discount is because our dollar is so poor, that it costs us significantly more to go on a trip like trip. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 2:47 AM, drsel said:

Many more Canadians visit the Disney parks (or Florida) for vacations, and they do it several times a year.  It makes sense to give them a discount to fill your ships.  How many Argentinians are going to make the trek to come out even with a discount?

Edited by intr3pid

On 1/27/2020 at 12:20 PM, ashley0308 said:

You do realize that the discount is because our dollar is so poor, that it costs us significantly more to go on a trip like trip. 

I spoke to an agent on the Disney Customer service line and she as unfamiliar with currency exchange and how much it adds to the cost of a cruise for Canadians. As the exchange fluctuates daily the cost of the cruise goes up and down with that. We paid the entire amount to lock in the cost and then pay it down on our own.