Small but memorable pleasures on board

alc13

We're leaving in April on our first Cunard cruise in a couple of years, and now that the bookings are made I'm remembering some of the small things I love on board.  For me, the smell of the bathroom bar soap and the breakfast muesli are standouts.  What are the smallest things that give others pleasure?

• Like 2

For me, on QM2, it's getting one of the chairs in the library with a view out over the bow to alternate between reading a good book and just soaking in the view of the ocean. Or perhaps even better, getting a chair along one of the corridors on the way toward Illuminations to do the same much closer to the ocean.

• Like 7

My small pleasures: seeing the ship for the first time peeping out from across the docks as we drive through Southampton, the nightly turn down service, ordering morning coffee whilst sitting at the bar in the Chart Room/Cafe Carinthia on QV/QE and finding a new Cunard fridge magnet to add to my collection! 

• Like 2

• Walking thru the Gangway in Brooklyn and finally seeing in the distance the entrance of the Ship's Grand Lobby and knowing we are on board
  • Feeling the first movement of the ship departing from the pier - The Trip Is Truly Starting
  • Hearing the Fog Horn blasting during the Night
  • Seeing the Full Moon shining on the Ocean during the Night across the horizon
  • Excitement of Entering the Club Britannia Dining Room on the First Evening, looking forward to the Culinary Journey
  • The evening shows in the Royal Court Theater
  • The sound of the Orchestra in the Queens Room on the First Night followed by the Disco in G32

And that's is just the beginning of a Wonderful Sailing on the Queen Mary 2...

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 2

Arriving in our cabin to a "welcome back" note  and the knowledge we've got a week to enjoy everything on offer. Pre dinner drinks & nibbles in the Commodore Club. Sitting reading while listening to some live music being played in the Carinthia Lounge and also being tempted by the breakfasts & snacks they offer.  Watching the sunset. Meeting people who are on their first Cunard voyage and hearing them love it as much as we do. Seeing everyone dressed up and feeling elegant, especially on formal nights.  

• Like 3

Sitting on the balcony after dinner to enjoy the night sky. Hot canapes in the Commodore Club looking out at a gorgeous sunset. Sitting in the Golden Lion eating a fabulous lunch watch waves splash the windows. Breakfast on the balcony admiring the wonderful place we've woken up in. Reading a book on the promenade deck, seeing nothing but ocean in any direction. The feeling when I get on board for a new trip - I always feel like I've come home. 

I wish I hadn't thought about this now. I've got 100 days until my next trip and it seems so far away now!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Underwatr said:

No, tell everyone that the Commodore Club is the place to be. That way it will be easier for us to get seats for late night jazz in the Chart Room!

Excellent strategy!  Why didn't I think of that?

3 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

I can add: listening to the string orchestra or harpist in the Queens Room whilst enjoying tea and a warm scone.

Hi,

This is my favorite, too. I love afternoon tea in the Queens Room. I am looking forward to boarding the Queen Victoria in late April.

Chuck

• Like 2