Buying gifts online for other Cruisers

Ak4n3

I tried different accounts to buy a surprise gift on the Carnival Website, it won't let me!  It says my shopping cart is empty.  They sail first week February and I wanted it to be secret.  

Has anybody successfully ordered on the Carnival Website for a gift?  

I might end up calling customer service if I still can't order via website.  I just don't want her to hear me since she sits next to me.

Their website is screwed up.  I've been trying for weeks to buy stuff for our cruise.  I called and they made a ticket to fix it but it still doesn't work.  I'm going to have to call soon to do it cause we leave next week.  You should be able to call Fun Shops to buy your gift.

Edited by MissKIA

Just now, MissKIA said:

Their website is screwed up.  I've been trying for weeks to buy stuff for our cruise.  I called and they made a ticket to fix it but it still doesn't work.  I'm going to call soon to do is cause we leave next week.  You should be able to call Fun Shops to buy your gift.

So many things have been screwed up for weeks. It's practically impossible to do certain things. Pretty bad.

16 minutes ago, Ak4n3 said:

I tried different accounts to buy a surprise gift on the Carnival Website, it won't let me!  It says my shopping cart is empty.  They sail first week February and I wanted it to be secret.  

I might end up calling customer service if I still can't order via website.  I just don't want her to hear me since she sits next to me.

not sure what operating system you are using but I've found that if I try to use Explorer it doesn't work with Carnival's system. I can order just fine when I use Chrome.... we made our last purchase on the website 1/8/2020 (and it let me add items to my cart just now).

1 minute ago, Buffalofirsttimer4 said:

not sure what operating system you are using but I've found that if I try to use Explorer it doesn't work with Carnival's system. I can order just fine when I use Chrome.... we made our last purchase on the website 1/8/2020 (and it let me add items to my cart just now).

I used IE, Chrome, and Firefox.  I didn't have issues buying for my own cruise.  In fact, we just booked chef's table and waters for ourselves last night.  I'm having issues buying cabin gifts for another person's cruise.  It says my shopping cart is empty, when it is not.

I'll be giving the website until tomorrow,  then I'll order trough customer service.

15 minutes ago, Ak4n3 said:

I used IE, Chrome, and Firefox.  I didn't have issues buying for my own cruise.  In fact, we just booked chef's table and waters for ourselves last night.  I'm having issues buying cabin gifts for another person's cruise.  It says my shopping cart is empty, when it is not.

I'll be giving the website until tomorrow,  then I'll order trough customer service.

I actually ordered for another in our party's cabin not my own and it worked fine, sorry you are having this issue.

3 hours ago, Buffalofirsttimer4 said:

I actually ordered for another in our party's cabin not my own and it worked fine, sorry you are having this issue.

How did you do this?  I'm trying to order birthday party decor for our friends room and I don't see where there is a option to say a different room other than your own.  

5 hours ago, Ak4n3 said:

I did it. I went to our cruise, and chose buy gift for someone other than myself (or words in that nature) and put in their name and sail date, and purchased gifts for them. 

• Like 2

I was able to get to this screen

image.thumb.png.dce34f56df94d8dcf8f9e3bcdb67a614.png

As soon as I click on proceed to shopping cart, this pops up

image.png.2307ee64e4d0fd53822b8084f9bfb5f9.png

I don't want to add their cruise to my account, even if I know their booking number, just to buy them a gift.  I guess I will just call Carnival tomorrow and make sure my co-worker is out of ear shot.

13 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I did it. I went to our cruise, and chose buy gift for someone other than myself (or words in that nature) and put in their name and sail date, and purchased gifts for them. 

I have a question.  I did this, purchased for another room.  Gave my email and paid for it but I have not received a email confirming this and it is not showing up anywhere on my account that I purchased this.  

Guess I'm just wanted a confirmation that all is well, but nothing yet. 

Where would this purchase normally show up>  Would it show on their room booking?  I did check the box it was a gift and to hide it from them.

Thank you

46 minutes ago, isladonna said:

I have a question.  I did this, purchased for another room.  Gave my email and paid for it but I have not received a email confirming this and it is not showing up anywhere on my account that I purchased this.  

Guess I'm just wanted a confirmation that all is well, but nothing yet. 

Where would this purchase normally show up>  Would it show on their room booking?  I did check the box it was a gift and to hide it from them.

Thank you

I never got the order confirmation to my email, either. It has not shown up anywhere. I am just hoping the items show up in their cabins. We are sailing with them, and our cabin is just a few down from them, so I’m sure I’ll find out. My charge card did show this charge on it. 

2 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I never got the order confirmation to my email, either. It has not shown up anywhere. I am just hoping the items show up in their cabins. We are sailing with them, and our cabin is just a few down from them, so I’m sure I’ll find out. My charge card did show this charge on it. 

Exact same with us, friends are 2 doors down.  I actually found a way to email the fun shop and ask for a receipt.  When purchased it said I would get a email, so that is weird.  Will see what happens i guess.  And I used a gift card so I have no way for it to show on anything.

Happy sailing and I'm sure it will be fine.  I'm just being paranoid i guess lol

17 hours ago, Ak4n3 said:

I was able to get to this screen

image.thumb.png.dce34f56df94d8dcf8f9e3bcdb67a614.png

As soon as I click on proceed to shopping cart, this pops up

image.png.2307ee64e4d0fd53822b8084f9bfb5f9.png

I don't want to add their cruise to my account, even if I know their booking number, just to buy them a gift.  I guess I will just call Carnival tomorrow and make sure my co-worker is out of ear shot.

Have they already purchased alcohol for their cabin? If so, you cannot have more than 2 alcoholic products from the FunShops and it will not let you order anymore (even if a gift).

1 minute ago, Buffalofirsttimer4 said:

Have they already purchased alcohol for their cabin? If so, you cannot have more than 2 alcoholic products from the FunShops and it will not let you order anymore (even if a gift).

no, they haven't.  But i did call Carnival and just ordered that way.  Thanks for your advise.

• Like 1