Wine in your cabin

george35

6 minutes ago, george35 said:

We almost all the time have a bottle of wine waiting for us in our stateroom, can you ask the room sterwart to change the wine from white to red??

george35

Never hurts to ask. We were given a bottle of champagne and traded it for a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. 

Edited by davekathy

18 minutes ago, george35 said:

We almost all the time have a bottle of wine waiting for us in our stateroom, can you ask the room sterwart to change the wine from white to red??

george35

I've brought mine down to the MDR and the sommelier did it for me. 

Yes -  we always have it exchanged for a Chardonnay.    As an alternative you can have your state room attendant or butler send to your dining room and they will give you a credit toward a bottle of your choice.

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes -  we always have it exchanged for a Chardonnay.    As an alternative you can have your state room attendant or butler send to your dining room and they will give you a credit toward a bottle of your choice.

My stateroom attendant would not do it. I used to get Merlot and exchange but now my CVP sends me ones I request so no need to swap out.  He's provided excellent service. 

18 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

My stateroom attendant would not do it. I used to get Merlot and exchange but now my CVP sends me ones I request so no need to swap out.  He's provided excellent service. 

Wow... Just my opinion but if I had a stateroom attendant decline to take care of it, It would probably affect my decision to to reward him with additional gratuities. 

I usually just request from the Zenith Concierge and they swap before we board.   

48 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow... Just my opinion but if I had a stateroom attendant decline to take care of it, It would probably affect my decision to to reward him with additional gratuities. 

I usually just request from the Zenith Concierge and they swap before we board.   

I also had a problem with my phone and kept telling him he made me call his phone and said it seems fine. Finally after two days Guest relations sent a technician to repair and in the afternoon 6 chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of St.Francis Chardonnay was sent to cabin.  Very nice touch. Left auto tips on did not tip extra at least not on that cruise. 

45 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I also had a problem with my phone and kept telling him he made me call his phone and said it seems fine. Finally after two days Guest relations sent a technician to repair and in the afternoon 6 chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of St.Francis Chardonnay was sent to cabin.  Very nice touch. Left auto tips on did not tip extra at least not on that cruise. 

Good... I would also never remove the auto tips but only would give give additional tips when I receive services that are above just cleaning the room.

• Like 1