Three Day Sale 1/28 to 1/30

Crazy For Cats

Cabin- NS on N Amsterdam in November.  Price went up $300 for $500 OBC.  All ready at $6058 so that would be $6350.  I was hoping the price was going to come down....I'm not going to pay either price and will prob cancel if the price doesn't come down pretty quick.  Is anyone going to pay over $6000 for a 7 day NS?  

Not a good deal for me on my two cruises:  From my HAL PCC:

Cruise #1:

Currently: SY at $849.00 no promos affected

Would go to $1,099.00 to get the onboard credit of $150.

Cruise #2:

Right now you fare of $ 2,561 and have prepaid gratuities ( $165)

You would have to refare to today’s rate of $2,616 to get the on board credit of $200

Net, Net on this one of a net loss of $20

PCC said it doesn't apply to our March cruise (past final payment) but could be applied to our December cruise but we would lose our Explore 4 promo benefits (internet and bev card). It also would apply to an itinerary we are looking at in Feb/March 2021.

This promotion applies to 1 of our 3 bookings, but we would lose the perks from our original booking (OBC, free gratuities, Pinnacle dinners and beverage cards).  But we're re-booking at a lower price for the same cabin, don't care about the Pinnacle dinners as 5-star we get those anyway, and don't care about the internet for this particular cruise (Pacific Coastal). So we're saving a few hundred and the rest is a wash.

13 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

@MAVIPAny update on the Nederland side?

No, they have the same offer for weeks already (and it ends February 28th.....funny that month counts 29 days in 2020).  I just read the USA information and because it says that fares are in US$ I concluded that the offers are not for Euro paying passengers. I still have to decide whether I call the NL office tomorrow with a few questions concerning 2 booked cruises. But I think: no dice. 

Edited by MAVIP

19 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

No, they have the same offer for weeks already (and it ends February 28th.....funny that month counts 29 days in 2020).  I just read the USA information and because it says that fares are in US$ I concluded that the offers are not for Euro paying passengers. I still have to decide whether I call the NL office tomorrow with a few questions concerning 2 booked cruises. But I think: no dice. 

Good luck!

The lack of incentives for Euro cruisers is dis-heartening. Not even Top 10 offers.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Were you past final payment? Just curious if this is worth a call for our March sailing. 

None of the cruises that got the sale are past final payment date.  I have one in March and am tempted to check but am resisting the temptation.  I'll just wait for an upsell offer it will cost less than upgrading to the next category.

• Thanks 1

We did okay on refaring for Alaska this fall. The fare went down by $1200 pp and the value of the promos lost equals the value of the the promos gained so I'm happy. Now to check on the next spring's Panama Canal cruise. Did have to switch from the $1 deposits to using FCDs but they were going to expire next year anyway. 

(Nope, not a better deal for Panama next year)

Edited by oceanmom

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

Just refared Nov 10-day Seafarer. Cabin price the same, lost $50 beverage card, but doubled OBC (kept V&V OBC; added equal amount in 3-Day OBC) so a better deal overall.

I just got the same deal for December 11-day, but also had the chance to add the ZPM promotion, so big success for me.

Edited by Highway27

1 hour ago, Highway27 said:

I just got the same deal for December 11-day, but also had the chance to add the ZPM promotion, so big success for me.

Congrats Highway 27 on adding the ZPM!  For clarity, I should have said that in addition to our prior OBC (V&V) doubling (because of 3-Day ) we already had additional FCD OBC and ZPM OBC that we retained at prior dollar amounts in our refaring. 

I just received this note from my HAL PCC:

Hi  XXXXX– there are several various promotions going on right now – 2021 Europe has a great special that is throwing the kitchen sink at you  - air credit, pre paid grats, beverage packages, ship credits, dine around package, free internet – but these are separate rates, as all the promotions have their own pricing

Best Wishes

XXXX XXXXX

16 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

I just received this note from my HAL PCC:

Hi  XXXXX– there are several various promotions going on right now – 2021 Europe has a great special that is throwing the kitchen sink at you  - air credit, pre paid grats, beverage packages, ship credits, dine around package, free internet – but these are separate rates, as all the promotions have their own pricing

Best Wishes

XXXX XXXXX

We got in on that one for our next European cruise.  Great deal!

18 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Good luck!

The lack of incentives for Euro cruisers is dis-heartening. Not even Top 10 offers.

Before calling I checked the price. one 10-day cruise. Monday price was minus € 25 Today price is up € 140 per person. So nothing to gain for my family of 7, not even for an extra icecream for the grandchildren LOL

2nd cruise in 2021, 28 days. Price is higher and extra perks would not be worth the call.  

And we did not decide yet what extra cruise we wish to book in the course of this year.