If you want something entirely different......

LadyL1

I have today had an email from Virgin on cruises, as to why I should rush to book one! 

On board there is "Squid Ink" a tattoo parlour! I wonder if the new Cunarder will try to compete with this in being innovative? 🤣 I hope not; I am happy with the more traditional style of cruising.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I have to say that Virgin has a great product with Upper Class when flying, especially their lounges, even if the aircraft cabin colours are somewhat different.  I am sure any loyalty will not drift seawards.

So we wait for more info on the ?????, name to be released shortly.

Having looked at Virgin Cruises data and video it is clear they are looking for the Hipsters and not more sophisticated travelers. As is usual for all "Virgin" brands there is a lot more 'sizzle' than steak. One thing that struck me was that the public rooms looked like they were furnished by Ikea. 

• Like 1

It's for a whole different generation who look at a very different world (spoon-fed through a video screen) than, shall I say, a conventional cruiser. In a way, a cruise for that demographic seems paradoxical. I recall a late teenager having a temper tantrum at our table because she couldn't get any phone signals.
There's a forum on here for over 55's.
How long before there's one for under 40's?

There's already a forum here for the Virgin cruise line.

I have to agree with the 'sizzle not steak' comment above, having traveled by Virgin rail in the UK and South Florida. Virgin partly owns and operates the Brightline rail service between West Pam Beach and Miami. Used it once. Once was enough. Lots of promise and little delivery. Steak and sizzle. That's Virgin. I'll give it no more than 3 years before it collapses. It's no coincidence that Richard Branson is constantly jumping from one marketing phenomenon to the next.
But, hey, no-one has taken a Virgin cruise yet, so I'll be glad to be proved wrong.

Rant over.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, exlondoner said:

If I were having a tattoo, I think I should prefer to have it done in an environment that might not move suddenly through wave action. Dry land perhaps.😀

Fifty years ago as I was preparing to go to Viet Nam, my mother told me she wanted my to promise her one thing. I wondered what she had in mind, maybe not getting in the way of a bullet, but no. She said please do not come home with a tattoo. I promised and I still don't have a tattoo, and I doubt I will get one at this late date on land or sea.

• Like 1