TransAtlantic Voyage Question.

tubeamps

We are thinking of booking a TA on Splendor and have a question for those that have done this or similar itinerary.

BTW, this is Barcelona to Miami.

There is a segment of this trip that includes 5 consecutive days at sea. Does Regent plan enough activities on sea days to keep you occupied? I enjoy sea days but am a little concerned about too much of a good thing and am hoping for some activities to fill the days at sea.

thanks for any responses.

We are Booked on the TA - Barcelona to Miami - Splendor- November 13, 2020. It will be our 5th TA on Regent 

We just love the days at sea. There is a full day of activities on the ship, if that’s what you want. If not, we just enjoy relaxing and reading and the fabulous food and service. 
Some folks love a TA, some don’t. It’s a matter of your personal choices. 
sheila

There will be cardio fitness classes almost every morning as well as some dance classes (not zumba) later in the day.  They are early so you have to plan accordingly.  The other thing you might want to check out, if you are in really good shape, is to talk to the dancers on the ship and see if you could participate in their dance class.  Sometimes they allow passengers to participate and sometimes they don't.  This would be a guaranteed major workout.  I found just taking the stairs and walking around the ship is more exercise than you would normally imagine.  Happy cruising!

14 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Could you let me know if there would be dance classes and cardio fitness programs on sea days?  These are my favorite activities.

Sometimes some of the producation cast dancers will have classes in one of the lounges during th day - salsa, samba, waltz and others.  As far as cardio fitness - depends on your definition.  The 'class' area is a bit too small for what I would call true cardio classes such as the Les Mills variety.  Usually there will be yoga, stretch, abs, that sort of thing.  Spin class is sometimes offered.  You just have to check the schedule and sign up as space is limited. But there are plenty of cardio machines particularly on the larger ships - Explorer even had Concept2 rowing machine in addition to treadmills, stationary bikes and ellipticals.

Edited by Kwaj girl

Thank you Ladies Mom and Kwaj girl for your input.  I would certainly enjoy dance classes, so I plan to reach out to Guest Services, and the dancers, if need be.  They are standard offerings in Crystal, Seabourn and Silversea...I'm sure I won't be disappointed.  I've only had cardio clases in Crystal...but I will certainly make use of the fitness equipment in Regent.  Looking forward to my first Regent cruise next month!!

I actually prefer trans Atlantic crossings to normal cruises and have done, to the best I can remember, more than 10 of them.  Mostly on Regent but once on Oceania and once on Cunard.   Why?  Because the daily programme Regent - especially Regent - puts on is so rich.  Lectures, usually with several lecturers giving a series of talks.  Cooking demonstrations (and on Explorer and Splendor, actual cooking classes).  Gym and pool if you use them.  Golf putting course, paddle ball, shuffleboard etc.  Lots of little competitions every day - "Baggo" etc.   (Haven't done that...).  And Trivia - every day.

Above all though the glorious luxury of knowing that you can get up in the morning and do whatever you want to do all day long with no one calling you up to tell you to go somewhere!

We have done TA crossings on Mariner, Voyager and Navigator.  Loved them all and never once been bored.

Tube amps....I echo the advise above and agree, love the crossings.  Plenty already discussed, but another daily feature in our most recent TA on Explorer they offered relatively new movies in the main theater on sea days @ 2:00pm.  Fresh popcorn and soft drinks served of course.

Me....I’m strictly solid state now, but remember the tube days.  Bandmaster, Bassman, Showman or if you had rich parents, maybe the Dual Showman!   Good times!

frankdp, I still gig in a band and have a nice collection of amps including an original 1964 Deluxe Reverb that looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

I guess I’ll never get tired or it.

I have to admit that weight is an issue these days, nobody our age enjoys carrying a 45 lb head plus cab, and soLid state is one solution.

On 1/24/2020 at 1:36 PM, tubeamps said:

Thanks for the replies.

sheila, that is the itinerary we were looking at. We are currently booked on Explorer Nov3, Barcelona - Dubai, but we are considering changing our reservations.

We prefer TA cruises because it’s become too tough for us to fly all over world. So we fly one way and then sail to/ from Miami. But we were doing TA’s for many years. We love them because it’s like going to a luxury hotel, but better. 
Hope you consider joining us. 
sheila