Sirena....laundry?

Redtravel

First time on Sirena. Wondering how good the laundry service is on Sirena? Each ship is different. Have 3 comp. bags on my upcoming cruise.  Does the comp. service still have a 3 day turn around?   On past cruises on R ships, there was only one laundry room. Often it is too crowded. I don’t like doing laundry anytime. I don’t want to do laundry on vacation. 

6 minutes ago, DaveandDiane said:

I am interested in knowing this also. We were on The Tahitian Princess (one of the R ships) and there was a self serve laundry onboard.

I do not see that R ship listed on Oceania website.

Edited by Justalone
  • Like 1

Tahitian Princess isn't an Oceania ship but it IS an "R" ship.

The "R" ships have the small do-it-yourself laundry room referenced earlier.  Also available is the turn-around service for concierge and above.  When we were on Riviera in May 2018 we used this service and it worked well.  They did say 3 day turnaround but we had our laundry back in 2 days, neatly folded.  We were in an OC which may have given us a leg up in terms of earlier return, but I've seen many comments on CC since this benefit came into existence where it seems that a 2 day return is not at all unusual.  I wonder if that listed 3 day turnaround is a CYA move just in case they run into a delay.

I don't mind doing laundry on my vacation, but this service was convenient -- as long as you don't need your laundry back immediately.

If you do need it immediately and don't want to waste your time doing laundry, then there's always the option for the paid service.

Mura

We were on this ship in 2003 and 2007 when it was the Tahitian Princess. See below for all the info on the 8 "R" ships. The Sirena used to be the Tahitian Princess.

image.jpeg.bc658c8514662fbeef7f8c5d0fe9b35c.jpeg
What Ever Happened to Former RenaissanceCruises' R Ships?
  • R One — Insignia. The first R-class vessel was built in 1998 at Chantiers de l'Atlantique (now STX France) along with its sister-ships to follow. ... 
  • R Two — Regatta. ... 
  • R Three — Pacific Princess. ... 
  • R Four — Sirena. ... 
  • R Five — Nautica. ... 
  • R Six — Azamara Journey. ... 
  • R Seven — Azamara Quest. ... 
  • R Eight — Adonia.

R Four — Sirena

Princess Cruises also had possession of R Four for quite awhile as Tahitian Princess from 2002 to 2009, later renaming to Ocean Princess from 2009 to 2016.

Though, by 2016 it too went to Oceania as Sirena where it became the fourth R-class ship in the fleet with some features added from its Marina and Riviera new-builds.

Does the comp laundry include pressing?  Just back from b2b Windstar cruise. Their comp. laundry is unlimited same day pressed on hangers.  It was such a pleasure to pack light.  The best was packing to come home. Since my clothes were clean, I didn’t have to do loads of laundry. 

No, it does not include pressing.  Just folded and returned in the bag we put the clothes in.  We were in a Vista Suite last month on Riviera.  It took three days to get our laundry back.

• Like 1

But the "R" ships aren't that different from each other, nor are the "O" ships.

Now if you are talking about crew ... yes, that can be different.  And another factor can be how many of the passengers are using a service.  I'm sure there are others.

We were on Sirena last June/July. 

Clothes were folded but no t pressed. 

One polo shirt (cotton, and a good brand) was shrunk. That was sad. But it was no tumble dry, and the laundry does that. 

So don't put anything in that you haven't checked the tag on (no tumble drying).