$25 Deposits .....

Pear33

2 hours ago, sasset said:

I had to cancel two cruises for April this month with $40 deposits. That's all I lost.

That's really interesting to know.   Curious if this was refundable or non-refundable and was pre-final payment or post Final Payment.

4 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

False. I had a cruise booked with a $25 NRD the last time it was offered. I cancelled and was only out the $25.

Cool... that was what I was wondering about.    It might make sense to book a couple of them as RD and then transfer to a cruise you later want to book and book it as NRD. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Cool... that was what I was wondering about.    It might make sense to book a couple of them as RD and then transfer to a cruise you later want to book and book it as NRD. 

Weird huh. I put down a $200 deposit but if I cancel I lose $200 or switch cruises and I also lose $200.  On the other hand I put down $25 ($50), cancel and am  out $50.  Again very weird.  

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

That's really interesting to know.   Curious if this was refundable or non-refundable and was pre-final payment or post Final Payment.

This was before final payment date. I had changed them to NRD after a substantial price drop and perk additions for doing so. Figured it was worth risking the $40. First time I had ever done  Both of my upcomings are refundable.

Switching funds for a cancelled cruise to a different date on the same ship had no fee for us for the normal NRD amount, but I don't know if the promo lower NRDs require one. I have heard that cancelling after final payment ends up converting the NRD amount on which they base the refund amount to the standard $450pp. Anyone know if that was true?

Edited by mayleeman

55 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Switching funds for a cancelled cruise to a different date on the same ship had no fee for us for the normal NRD amount, but I don't know if the promo lower NRDs require one. I have heard that cancelling after final payment ends up converting the NRD amount on which they base the refund amount to the standard $450pp. Anyone know if that was true?

It is my understanding that after final payment date the deposit amount reverts to the full deposit ($250 or $450pp) when determining the penalty.   Of course after final payment there is no FCC.