Docking or Tendering in Manhattan?

Desert Cruisers

We will be on Insignia's September transatlantic.  The ship arrives in NY-Manhattan on September 25th with disembarkation the next morning.  The itinerary on the Oceania website is showing the the first day - September 25th - as a tender port.  Can this possibly be correct?  If so, might it dock overnight so disembarkation is a whole lot easier?   

7 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

We will be on Insignia's September transatlantic.  The ship arrives in NY-Manhattan on September 25th with disembarkation the next morning.  The itinerary on the Oceania website is showing the the first day - September 25th - as a tender port.  Can this possibly be correct?  If so, might it dock overnight so disembarkation is a whole lot easier?   

I would doubt tendering.  No place in the Hudson River to anchor and nowhere for a tender to tie up.  

8 hours ago, Mura said:

Even the QE2 docked!

I chuckle when I read this, Mura, because despite the small fortune which Cunard put into all that  "Greatest Ship in the World" publicity; it might surprise you to learn that Marina and Riviera were larger at their launch than QE2.

66084 tons  versus  65,863 tons.

Looking back, we were all brainwashed.😎

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, StanandJim said:

I chuckle when I read this, Mura, because despite the small fortune which Cunard put into all that  "Greatest Ship in the World" publicity; it might surprise you to learn that Marina and Riviera were larger at their launch than QE2.

66084 tons  versus  65,863 tons.

Looking back, we were all brainwashed.😎

I wonder if she meant qe which is over 90000 tons?

No, I meant the QE2 -- we did two cruises on her that ended up in NYC.  However, I wasn't thinking of tonnage -- I was thinking of passenger capacity (which I recall was 1750 rather than 1250 or 684) and length of the ship.

Tonnage is one of those figures that never makes any sense to me so I don't think about it!

Mura

I suspect that OP is going by what is on the  Itinerary

which does have anchoring in NYC

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/transatlantic-cruises/london-to-new-york-INS200911/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23sailDates%3D2020|09%23destinations%3Dtransoceanic

Maybe someone at Oceania got it wrong or the port of NY did

The port schedule is not out yet online  for 2020 to know for sure  but it would be odd  to anchor in Manhattan

https://www.nycruise.com/schedule/

It definitely shows the anchor on the itinerary.  Thanks for the link, Lyn. I can't envision even an "R" ship parked out in the middle of the Hudson River blocking all the usual water traffic.  Of course, I'm assuming they'd be in the middle of the river ...  I go along with the "error" theory.