B2b cruise.

lizjohn

We have two cruises booked for March and  April 2021 on the Eurodam.  Both leaving from Fort Lauderdale.  The first cruise is in the Caribbean and then staying on for the Panama Canal cruise to Vancouver Canada..  booked separately, so we have obc for both.  We have never traveled on this long a cruise or a B2b before.  Very excited,  we just turned 3* and I know that we get 25% of dinner reservations and the wine packages.  Would any obc left be carried over to the second cruise,  and if we purchased a wine package would we be able to carry it over also.  All of our obc is from Hal so I know if we don’t use it we loose it but does that apply to a B2b.  Please anyone that has experience with B2b cruises give us a heads up on how it works.  Thanks.

We have done many B-Bs and were able to carry over everything, whether booked with one or two booking numbers.    HAL is very good at this, so you should have no worries.  You can go to the Front Desk the night before the end of the first cruise and let them know to transfer everything over, but they should do this automatically.  You will have one folio of charges, so it will all be there.

Edited by SilvertoGold

You can definitely carry over your wine package.  It is a good idea to mention to your wine steward that you are staying on although they usually know.

I don’t know if OBC carries over.  When I did a B2B, OBC showed for each sailing.  I didn’t have non refundable to carry over on the first segment 😉 

edited to say - I see Silver to Gold has had no issues so that is good news for you 🙂 

20 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

We have done many B-Bs and were able to carry over everything, whether booked with one or two booking numbers.    HAL is very good at this, so you should have no worries.  You can go to the Front Desk the night before the end of the first cruise and let them know to transfer everything over, but they should do this automatically.  You will have one folio of charges, so it will all be there.

OP - thanks for asking and Silver to Gold thanks for answering!  We have B2B booked separately (it was better pricing/perks) Japan to Vancouver and  then staying on board and returning to Alaska.  I’ve search boards and not found an answer.  Another question- we are in same suite.  Will we have to have key card redone? And will all of our OBC show up on first segment or will they just add additional at Vancouver? (Our perks are TOTALLY different on each segment and I’m printing so I can remember! )  We have done B2B in Caribbean but it was under one booking number and everything was together. 

1 hour ago, Gigi1977 said:

Will we have to have key card redone?

Probably not. 
When I had four successive cruises (a combination of back to backs and a Collector's Cruise) on the Nieuw Amsterdam, my key card showed my boarding and disembarkation dates. 

Will we have to have key card redone?

No, I agree with RuthC.  Have done B2B and no new key cards were needed.  HAL knows how long you are on for.

And will all of our OBC show up on first segment or will they just add additional at Vancouver? (Our perks are TOTALLY different on each segment and I’m printing so I can remember! ) 

My OBC showed for each segment on our B2B’s. Probably, because like you, our perks were totally different for the two different segments.  that’s just my experience though 😉 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I have two different cabins in two different categories (Signature and Neptune).  How will this work for me?  And how will the luggage work?

I’ve done this exact same thing.  

You will need to get the new key for your room on turnaround day.  If you are in the Neptune, the concierge can do it for you.  If you are in the Signature, the front desk.

You show your old room key when you disembark the ship and the new key card when you re-board.  

Your luggage will be transferred for you.  Good to discuss this a couple of days before but it is quite simple.  You pack the stuff in your drawers, shelves, etc.  Take your safety deposit box contents with you.  The stewards will move everything that is hanging (no need to pack it) in your closets to your new ones and bring all of your packed/empty suitcases.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kazu said:

I’ve done this exact same thing.  

You will need to get the new key for your room on turnaround day.  If you are in the Neptune, the concierge can do it for you.  If you are in the Signature, the front desk.

You show your old room key when you disembark the ship and the new key card when you re-board.  

Your luggage will be transferred for you.  Good to discuss this a couple of days before but it is quite simple.  You pack the stuff in your drawers, shelves, etc.  Take your safety deposit box contents with you.  The stewards will move everything that is hanging (no need to pack it) in your closets to your new ones and bring all of your packed/empty suitcases.

Hope this helps.

THANKS!  Exactly what I needed.

Packing for change of cabins:  Several days before, save your laundry baskets to use for moving. This works extremely well for some items!

OBC, etc:  for one or two booking numbers, the second segment OBC has only shown up on the folio at the beginning of the second segment.

2 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

OBC, etc:  for one or two booking numbers, the second segment OBC has only shown up on the folio at the beginning of the second segment.

Thank you.   Did you have ‘left over’ OBC and if you did, was it transferred?   Ours is ALL non refundable ( from HAL & Stock) 

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Gigi1977 said:

Thank you.   Did you have ‘left over’ OBC and if you did, was it transferred?   Ours is ALL non refundable ( from HAL & Stock) 

Thanks! 

Oh, yes, leftover and it was just kept on the account.  HAL doesn't actually close out your account (in spite of what they might say), but just keeps it going, adding in any OBC you might have for the second cruise.

• Like 1

We have done similar back-to-backs like yours.  We did a couple of full Panama Canal cruises and then added on Alaskan cruises.  So we had two different booking numbers.  We booked them earlier enough that we had the same cabin for both cruises.

Everything carried over from the first cruise -- shipboard credit, bottles of wine,  even anything left on our Beverage Cards, etc.  Not a problem.