Book of Kells tickets

mauimary

I am doing some research and there is a tour company that offers a:

"Fast-track Easy Access Book of Kells Tour with Dublin Castle".

The cost is $120.96 for two adults. I found it on Trip Advisor. You can get a full refund up to 24 hours 

before the tour. 

9 minutes ago, nini said:

I am doing some research and there is a tour company that offers a:

"Fast-track Easy Access Book of Kells Tour with Dublin Castle".

The cost is $120.96 for two adults. I found it on Trip Advisor. You can get a full refund up to 24 hours 

before the tour. 

That's an expensive tour.  Book direct here: https://www.tcd.ie/visitors/book-of-kells/buy-tickets/?ftredirect=1  

I'd spend the few cents to call and ask when they will be available for your date.

9 minutes ago, nini said:

Thanks, but that is the site that does not work. I think I will e-mail them.

Thx!

I would assume that you are picking a date past the grey ones at the beginning. The grey ones are available for sale, presumably the white ones aren’t. Currently you can book March 14 but not March 15. 

• Like 1

Exactly as Gnome12 says. And today you can book March 15th. IMO you will have to wait till somewhere in May.  I booked tickets for August 2019 1 month before our arrival. No problem. And  bought the tickets for a visit at the end of September with DH around August 28th.  Enjoy your visit! 

If 67+ buy a concession ticket: € 12  per adult. Compare with the price above of $ 120,96 for 2 adults. 

Edited by MAVIP
price concession ticket

When we were in Dublin on a cruise, we first went to see the Book of Kells. It had not opened yet and the line was still extremely short. We were in with the first group getting in. I did not see anyone getting in with reserved tickets before the line was allowed to enter.

I do not remember paying anywhere near those prices.

This past summer, we also booked our tickets online and glad we did as they had a line just for pre-paid tickets which enabled quick access.  Not sure if you have seen the notice on line that the Book of Kells will not be on display until March 2020. Quote from https://www.tcd.ie/visitors/book-of-kells/:

As part of ongoing conservation plans for the Old Library, the Book of Kells has been removed from public display until March 2020. The Long Room and Book of Kells Exhibition remain open for visitors. During this period ticket prices are reduced by 15%.

This will disappoint many however, it is still worthwhile to visit and see The Long Room - beautiful!