Dublin at Night

ihopfar

Our Princess cruise has an overnight in Dublin, and we are thinking of booking the Celtic Nights dinner show that night.

Is it a safe walk to the Princess shuttle buses at 11PM on a Sunday night from the Arlington Hotel or should we take a taxi back to the port?   How much would a taxi cost, if we can even get one at that hour?

Thanks!

Brad

Not sure where the shuttle buses drop off but you should be able to get a taxi back to the pier.  The hotel could certainly call one for you.  I'd guesstimate the cost to be around 20-25 Euros (I am sure someone will come along with a more accurate estimation)

I walked around Dublin in November alone at night, though not quite that late, and again pretty early in the AM and felt safer than I do in some US cities.  Of course, since you're near DC, I am pretty sure you'd use common sense too!  

3 hours ago, ihopfar said:

Is it a safe walk to the Princess shuttle buses at 11PM on a Sunday night from the Arlington Hotel or should we take a taxi back to the port?

Where do the busses pick you up? You are in a very safe part of Dublin in and around the hotel at all hours. 

3 hours ago, ihopfar said:

or should we take a taxi back to the port?   How much would a taxi cost, if we can even get one at that hour?

You can use the Uber app to bring a cab to you (they don't offer UberX in Dublin-- the app calls an actual taxi and the cost is based off the meter, but billed through the app so you don't need cash) or you can upgrade to an UberBlack and it would cost about 15 Euro back to the port. The taxi would be less than 10, but based on the meter. 

Thanks to both of you!

34 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Where do the busses pick you up? You are in a very safe part of Dublin in and around the hotel at all hours. 

The best I can figure out, the busses pick up near Merrion Square.

Thanks!

Brad