questions about 3 activites on Disney Magic

tropical dreams

Although i have been cruising for years this will be our first 5 day Disney cruise with my 5 1/2 year old granddaughter. She loves princesses and I know she will have a great time. I am looking for specific information and details about the character breakfasts, the bibbidi bobbidi boutique and the tea.  It is hard to know if these are something we should consider when I don't know anything about them.   She already has princess dresses we can bring but she is excited about getting her nails done. What happens during each of these activites? Are they  age appropriate for her? Do they all need to be booked in advance?

Thanks so much for your help. If there are any other tips please feel free to share.

31 minutes ago, tropical dreams said:

Although i have been cruising for years this will be our first 5 day Disney cruise with my 5 1/2 year old granddaughter. She loves princesses and I know she will have a great time. I am looking for specific information and details about the character breakfasts, the bibbidi bobbidi boutique and the tea.  It is hard to know if these are something we should consider when I don't know anything about them.   She already has princess dresses we can bring but she is excited about getting her nails done. What happens during each of these activites? Are they  age appropriate for her? Do they all need to be booked in advance?

Thanks so much for your help. If there are any other tips please feel free to share.

There's no character breakfast on a 5 night cruise.

The Royal Tea costs $220 per child.  There's a page on the DCL website with all the info about it:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/royal-court-royal-tea-party/

And another regarding the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique/

It's best to book these in advance, if you're sure you're going to do it, because they can book up.

Hi. We did all of those things with my daughter when she was 4 1/2. She loved them. Character breakfast are the Disney junior characters. Doc McStuffin, Princess Sofia, Jake the pirate (Disney juniors answer to captain jack sparrow) and Mickey. Characters come to table, take photo with child, sign autograph if you have something and move on in a matter of a 3-5 minute period. They are large costumes so the characters don’t talk. This is free you just have to reserve seats. 

we did bibidi bobbidi without prebooking. We got lucky they had some openings on one of the last nights. (Don’t do it night before Castaway). You can do the full appointment or I think bring your own dress.  Not sure. But you can also go in just to get the hair sparkling done any evening for free. 

The tea is pricey. But the child gets a TON of gifts. Which alone covers the cost of the event. Your child is announced like at a ball, greeted by the host (unfamiliar character to me) and then you are taken to a table. There is an 18” Cinderella doll, a jewelry box with the ship featured on the side. And a necklace and bracelet. There are a few charms already with them. Then you get charms from each of the princesses who join the celebration. There is an autograph book given at this and a pen. 

There are musical songs performed and the princesses come and intersect with each child for 5 or so minutes. 

We loved it and actually plan to do it again because a different grandparent is coming with us and we will be on a different ship. The doll will be given away to a cousin this time though. 

12 hours ago, Tinkabelllyss said:

Hi. We did all of those things with my daughter when she was 4 1/2. She loved them. Character breakfast are the Disney junior characters. Doc McStuffin, Princess Sofia, Jake the pirate (Disney juniors answer to captain jack sparrow) and Mickey. Characters come to table, take photo with child, sign autograph if you have something and move on in a matter of a 3-5 minute period. They are large costumes so the characters don’t talk. This is free you just have to reserve seats. 

When we did this on the Fantasy in October, we got Vampirina too, but no Jake.