Guernsey Car Rental

MSPCUBS

I will be in Guernsey in September.  I am looking to rent a car to tour the island.  Are there any car agencies at the cruise port?  The ones I have checked are at the airport.  If I need to go to the airport to pick up a car, will I easily be able to get a taxi to take me there?

I have thought about doing a private tour, but I am not sure if that would work at a 4-5 hour tour as I want to stop and go to various museums.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

I would have thought that most of the car agencies would be able to drop off the vehicle at the port, as they also drop off at hotels.  Keep emailing different ones to check.  You do not want to go to the airport to pick up the car, this will take too much time, and there will be extra cost.  Personally I would not recommend driving yourselves, the roads are very narrow and not well signposted.

There are many guides who offer private tours, https://www.guernseyguidedtours.com/guides  many of them are also listed on TripAdvisor, and/or who have been recommended here previously. 

I would recommend getting a small group together to share the costs, and have an accredited local guide to provide you with a private tour including inside the various sites.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post back here and I will try to answer.