Hand Sanitizer Dispensers No Longer Outside MDR

harryw

As a borderline germophobe, I was disappointed to see that the dispensers were

no longer outside the MDR. (Also removed from the Lido, which has the “sinks”.) I found them convenient and important. Was this

a cost saving measure, or is there another method to this madness? 

The hand washing stations are pretty cool, and I used them a lot, noticed the crew used them too.  It is unfortunate that they are not at the dining room.  I carry a pocket sized purell to use in any restaurant after using a menu.  

1 hour ago, tamsno said:

No hand washing stations outside MDR, however.  Better something than nothing. 

There's a washroom steps from the entrance to the dining room. Hardly 'nothing'.
There's even a paper towel or tissue to use as a barrier when you open the door! Much more sanitary than the 'sanitizers'. 

• Like 6

Germstar Noro 2oz Hand Sanitizer Spray
I am a newly retired DDS and have used this in our practice as well as on our trips in Europe airlines and cruise lines! This kills norovovirus and have great results! I also use another product in our staterooms! The spray is awesome and it is hospital grade. Washing stations are a must ! 
Denise😊

• Thanks 2

We just returned from an NCL cruise and they actually had a couple crew members outside the buffet saying "washy washy" as they attempted to spray everyone's hands.  They also had hand washing stations  a few feet away.  Like some others, we always carry our own.  

Edited by DivotMaker
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/purell-maker-receives-strict-warning-from-fda-over-sanitizers

From the article:

Federal health officials are calling on GoJo, the maker of Purell products, to stop making claims that its hand sanitizer is effective at eliminating diseases.

In a letter, the Food and Drug Administration called out the company for posting several claims across Purell website pages and its social media platforms that the over-the-counter hand sanitizers could reduce the risk of illnesses including Ebola, norovirus, influenza and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), which is an infection is caused by a type of staph bacteria.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:20 PM, RuthC said:

There's a washroom steps from the entrance to the dining room. Hardly 'nothing'.
There's even a paper towel or tissue to use as a barrier when you open the door! Much more sanitary than the 'sanitizers'. 

On the Veendam, this month, there was still a sign by the washroom door that said to use a paper towel or tissue to open the door. The problem was that the paper towel dispenser was replaced with a hand blow dryer. HAL had the little wash cloths to dry your hands by the sink. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I use soap and water in the washroom, then wipe with the little cloth.  Then use that cloth to open the door, prop the door open with my foot and then throw the cloth into the basket provided.

This is our method as well.  

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

I use soap and water in the washroom, then wipe with the little cloth.  Then use that cloth to open the door, prop the door open with my foot and then throw the cloth into the basket provided.

I did that one time and kicked a poor fellow who was entering the restroom at the time. He was quire elderly and I felt horrible about it. I apologized profusely. I still do it but I'm much more careful now!