Princess VISA Card: BEWARE

CRUISER94044

I have a Princess VISA card from Barclay Bank and been trying to redeem my points for over a week.   I have been told by the Barclay representative that they have a systems error and are not able to redeem points at this time and I can try back later.    This is not the first time I have had trouble with this card.   As soon as I am able to redeem points,  I will cancel.  Anyone had any luck getting their points redeemed lately??

Thanks!

I have had the Princess Visa Card for 5 years and have never had a problem redeeming my points for statement credits via the website.

I wait for a  Princess cruise costing more than $4000 so I can get 2% back (50,000 points = $1000). 

I've had the card for over 10 years and have never had problem with the card or redeeming points. 

Never a problem with customer service, they have notified me twice when my card was skimmed at a local Marathon Gas Station. 

Have had the card a long time. Only use when planning a booked cruise and have had no problems turning in points other than one time a couple years ago. I saved the number of their service for addressing just such problems. 866-928-3106. Was used very recently with success by another cruise critic member

I have had the card for over 10 years and have never had a problem with redeeming points for OBC.  I redeemed some for our upcoming cruise.  I had one occasion where  I had to call them about a charge I did not make.  Their customer service simply does not exist so I use the card only for Princess charges.

• Like 1

After years of problems got rid of my Princess Visa. Now use the big big box card that yields 3% on all travel, not just PCL. 

The Princess Visa card would auto shut down for suspected fraud all the time. The last straw was when it auto shut down for suspected fraud when the Pacific Princess processed my legit charge after boarding in Dover UK. 

On 1/25/2020 at 3:29 PM, Syracusefan44 said:

I have had the Princess Visa Card for 5 years and have never had a problem redeeming my points for statement credits via the website.

I wait for a  Princess cruise costing more than $4000 so I can get 2% back (50,000 points = $1000). 

Like u we have never had a problem.  We always do 40000 pts for 500..  that said how do u do 50000 for 1000 cause we just booked a cruise for over  4000..  thanks for any help

Below is the breakdown of the redemption values.  If you have 50,000 points and you purchase a cruise valued at more than $4001+ the redemption credit is 2% (50,000 x 2%) which equals $1000 or (40,000 x 2%) which equals $800.

Once your $4001+ cruise posts to your Princess Visa account select that amount and it will apply the 2% statement credit.

Earn 2 times the points on Princess cruise purchases. But when you redeem the points for a statement credit towards your cruise (within the last 180 days), you can get more than 1% redemption value.

Princess purchase amount ($50 or greater) within last 180 days = Redemption points value
$50 to $499.99 = 1%
$500 -$2,000.99 = 1.25%
$2,001-$4,000.99 = 1.5%
$4,001+ = 2.0%

Edited by Syracusefan44

I have had the card for 6 years or so and never redeemed any points.  I have 120,000 plus points.   Can I redeem them without charging any money on my upcoming cruise?    I want to use my AMEX card to pay the entire amount so I can get $300 OBC for my cabin.   I guess I have never checked out if I can just charge part of the amount of the cruise/flight/etc. on my AMEX and still get the OBC.

Thanks for any help.

I have been trying to redeem points for over two weeks.  I get the same error message which says to try again.  I'm going to try calling them.  I've never had a problem redeeming points online. 

I have a Princess charge of over $4,000 which I want to use before it expires next week.  Are they doing this on purpose because it's about to expire?   

It may be time to switch to a different card.

On 1/25/2020 at 8:12 PM, JoAnneNYI said:

Have had the card a long time. Only use when planning a booked cruise and have had no problems turning in points other than one time a couple years ago. I saved the number of their service for addressing just such problems. 866-928-3106. Was used very recently with success by another cruise critic member

Good information......thanks

Success!!    I called the Customer Service number 8660-928-3106. and she was able to help me and redeemed my points toward my stateroom credit.   If you are still having trouble,  call the number! ( I got absolutely no where calling the phone number on my card)

• Like 1