Loyalty OBC

chabad

Can someone clarify when the loyalty OBC starts? On the start of my 21st sailing? OR do I have to have 21 cruises completed? I currently have 20 completed and getting ready to embark on my 21st princess cruise in 3 weeks.

I know its 

21-30 cruises credits is $25 OBC

31-40 cruises credits is $50 OBC

41-50 cruises credits is $75 OBC

51+ cruise credits is $100 OBC

Edited by chabad

To me, it sounds like it would start on the 21st Cruise. just sounds a bit odd that they would start loyalty credit on a random Cruise number. I can understand them saying you've completed 20 cruises, so from here on out here's a credit of OBC

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

To me, it sounds like it would start on the 21st Cruise. just sounds a bit odd that they would start loyalty credit on a random Cruise number. I can understand them saying you've completed 20 cruises, so from here on out here's a credit of OBC

It does start on #21, that is after you complete 20. Also, it is ONE per cabin, not per person if both in cabin have the required number of cruises. Just found this out yesterday.

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Just returned from cruise #26 & 27. DH and I both got $25 "loyalty commends" OBC.

That's awesome! I've always heard if you share a cabin with a fellow loyalists of the brand and they have the same home address as the other person that only one of you get the loyalty and they split it amongst both of you. 

8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Just returned from cruise #26 & 27. DH and I both got $25 "loyalty commends" OBC.

10 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The Capt's circle guy on the Regal yesterday said only one should get it. He read it directly from his FAQ

3 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

The Capt's circle guy on the Regal yesterday said only one should get it. He read it directly from his FAQ

I personally think it should be done by individuals not based off who sharing the cabin. Because in all honesty each person has earned their own loyalty rights.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chabad said:

Can someone clarify when the loyalty OBC starts? On the start of my 21st sailing? OR do I have to have 21 cruises completed? I currently have 20 completed and getting ready to embark on my 21st princess cruise in 3 weeks.

I know its 

21-30 cruises credits is $25 OBC

31-40 cruises credits is $50 OBC

41-50 cruises credits is $75 OBC

51+ cruise credits is $100 OBC

Based on my experiences your list is slightly off & in past discussions this has been the cruise credit levels & amounts of OBC.  I’ve never understood why the number of cruise credits in the first level is different than the other levels.  We began receiving $75 on our 42nd cruise and my wife & I have received the OBC per cabin despite having the same number.  It would be good to have the experience of “RT - retired RRF” however that has never happened for us...either a policy change or a lucky mistake.

21 to 31 is $25

32 to 41 is $50

42 to 51 is $75

52+ is $100

13 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Like many things Princess...YMMV.

B2B on the Pacific Princess.355524840_001(640x465)(640x465).jpg.19c0cca3456560c9b583653b4102eb9d.jpg

Ah yes...Princess being consistently inconsistent.

Hopefully that’s a policy change & not merely a lucky mistake for you. 🙂

Did you have 2 separate booking numbers or booked as a single cruise that could be booked as B2B?  My past experiences have been that the Loyalty credit has been based on how it’s booked.

Edited by Astro Flyer

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

I personally think it should be done by individuals not based off who sharing the cabin. Because in all honesty each person has earned their own loyalty rights.

From what I've read, if you have a different last name, it will be provided to both passengers.  Married with the same last name (and living at the same address), they only give it once.  

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

From what I've read, if you have a different last name, it will be provided to both passengers.  Married with the same last name (and living at the same address), they only give it once.  

I called this discrimination on married couples who choose to have the same last name or discrimination on family members who travel together. For example once in a blue moon my dad and I (same last name) share a Cabin and other times we get our own. I just think everyone should be rewarded for their own individual loyalty. Very interesting though about the different last names and same addresses.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeter02 said:

I called this discrimination on married couples who choose to have the same last name or discrimination on family members who travel together. For example once in a blue moon my dad and I (same last name) share a Cabin and other times we get our own. I just think everyone should be rewarded for their own individual loyalty. Very interesting though about the different last names and same addresses.

Even though I try to never look a gift horse in the mouth ... but, I completely agree with you on this point.  It really should be per passenger, even if they lower the amount given.  It creates resentment and in this day and age, I find it hard to believe they've set up their policy as such.  I have friends with different last names even though they are married ... they didn't even question giving them their own individual onboard credit.  

Again, I am just thankful for the little bit I get, though.  

• Like 2

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

Even though I try to never look a gift horse in the mouth ... but, I completely agree with you on this point.  It really should be per passenger, even if they lower the amount given.  It creates resentment and in this day and age, I find it hard to believe they've set up their policy as such.  I have friends with different last names even though they are married ... they didn't even question giving them their own individual onboard credit.  

Again, I am just thankful for the little bit I get, though.  

I'm right there with you. I too am always very grateful for the small things in the little things that we do receive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I'm right there with you. I too am always very grateful for the small things in the little things that we do receive.

I simply refuse to let that little stuff affect my mood, especially while on a cruise!  If enough passengers complain enough, one of two things will happen: Princess will likely either double it by giving it to each passenger in the cabin or take it away completely.  It really isn't an advertised perk ... not that I could find anyway.  So, I'll just be happy with anything they give me as a token for my loyalty.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Ah yes...Princess being consistently inconsistent.

Hopefully that’s a policy change & not merely a lucky mistake for you. 🙂

Did you have 2 separate booking numbers or booked as a single cruise that could be booked as B2B?  My past experiences have been that the Loyalty credit has been based on how it’s booked.

One booking number for each cruise. Husband and wife: same last name, same address.

If it was a lucky mistake, it's happened 6 times. Since we qualified for loyalty credit, we've each received $25 on every cruise (now 21 thru 27).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

One booking number for each cruise. Husband and wife: same last name, same address.

If it was a lucky mistake, it's happened 6 times. Since we qualified for loyalty credit, we've each received $25 on every cruise (now 21 thru 27).

interesting ... .lucky you!!  

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

That's because it is discrimination, and Princess should be ashamed for not giving to both parties just because they are married.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

We’re at 42 credits but have only received one per cabin during our 20 cruises eligible for Loyalty credit.  Like you, married couple with same last name & address...hope your lucky streak continues.

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We’re at 42 credits but have only received one per cabin during our 20 cruises eligible for Loyalty credit.  Like you, married couple with same last name & address...hope your lucky streak continues.

Out of interest please 🙂 in each instance JF and Astro, could you please check your "member number" / unique identifier for husband and wife? Is the number the same with an "A" / "B" the only difference? Or do you have completely separate numbers without an "A" / "B" at the end?

1 minute ago, Sarah Jane Smith said:

Out of interest please 🙂 in each instance JF and Astro, could you please check your "member number" / unique identifier for husband and wife? Is the number the same with an "A" / "B" the only difference? Or do you have completely separate numbers without an "A" / "B" at the end?

My wife & I have the same CC number followed by A for me & B for her...maybe JF & spouse have different CC numbers? 🤔