Loyalty OBC

chabad

13 hours ago, Sarah Jane Smith said:

Out of interest please 🙂 in each instance JF and Astro, could you please check your "member number" / unique identifier for husband and wife? Is the number the same with an "A" / "B" the only difference? Or do you have completely separate numbers without an "A" / "B" at the end?

Completely different numbers, no A or B.

26 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Ding ding ding .... we identified the reason!!  

This has always been the case. Totally different numbers and different last names same address. We have always both gotten the credit

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

My wife & I have the same CC number followed by A for me & B for her...maybe JF & spouse have different CC numbers? 🤔

22 hours ago, Near PDX said:

My DW & I always each receive the loyalty reward payment from our first qualifying time to our last cruise. We have the same CC #’s A/B but she uses her maiden name and has a different mailing address than me. 

9 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Completely different numbers, no A or B.

4 hours ago, memoak said:

This has always been the case. Totally different numbers and different last names same address. We have always both gotten the credit

So, thank you for your responses....

Astro - same number with A&B - same name and same address - single credit per cabin

NearPDX - same number with A&B -  different names and addresses - two credits per cabin

JF - Completely different numbers, no A or B - same name and same address - two credits per cabin

memoak - Completely different numbers, (no A or B ?) different names and same address - two credits per cabin

I'm not seeing an obvious answer here! except the more differences (number, name, etc) the more likely Princess will consider you separate and the more information that is the same the more likely Princess will consider you both to be a single customer.

The reason for my interest is DH (18 cruises) and I (20 cruises) are looking forward to this additional perk this year (and not looking a gift horse in the mouth, just curious). Our situation is ....different numbers WITH an A & B, same last name and different mailing address. Anyone care to guess? One credit per cabin or two? I guess we won't know for sure until DH catches up. Haha 

26 minutes ago, Sarah Jane Smith said:

Our situation is ....different numbers WITH an A & B, same last name and different mailing address. Anyone care to guess? One credit per cabin or two? I guess we won't know for sure until DH catches up. Haha 

Let me check my Princess crystal-ball.  ☺️  Two?? 🤔

I’m also thankful for the Loyalty OBC but would appreciate Princess having a standardized procedure for all eligible married people.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I'm not complaining about the gift either, but some couples are getting a credit each, and others are not.  That's my complaint. 

The details of the loyalty credit used to be documented in the little paper brochure available at the captain circle desk detailing the benefits of the program. It specifically stated 'one' per household. I will not go into how others are circumventing this intentionally or not.

Incendentilly , the brochure has been recently updated to now 'omit' the documentation of the loyalty command OBC. So now it is not documented anywhere. So possible changes in the future such as being based on 'days' instead of cruise credits? Just saying, why the ommision when it has been in the brochure since I can remember.

So, NO , Princess is not arbitrarily discriminating married couples, it's just the rules decided like only 'one' shareholder benefit per cabin.

Just now, wallyj said:

The details of the loyalty credit used to be documented in the little paper brochure available at the captain circle desk detailing the benefits of the program. It specifically stated 'one' per household. I will not go into how others are circumventing this intentionally or not.

Incendentilly , the brochure has been recently updated to now 'omit' the documentation of the loyalty command OBC. So now it is not documented anywhere. So possible changes in the future such as being based on 'days' instead of cruise credits? Just saying, why the ommision when it has been in the brochure since I can remember.

So, NO , Princess is not arbitrarily discriminating married couples, it's just the rules decided like only 'one' shareholder benefit per cabin.

I've never see that brochure & even asked about it a few years ago & was told that they wanted  it to be a surprise therefore it'd not in print. 

The closest thing I read was in a document they issue to TA's who take their online course to become a Princess rep. 

I think I've still have a copy of it somewhere but it's long outdated.

3 hours ago, wallyj said:

Apparently they are.  If you have one captains circle number with the A/B designation, you get one loyalty credit for both of you, but if you are a married couple and have separate numbers/last names you appear to get one each.

12 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Apparently they are.  If you have one captains circle number with the A/B designation, you get one loyalty credit for both of you, but if you are a married couple and have separate numbers/last names you appear to get one each.

My husband and I have the same surname but different Captain's Circle numbers. We get only one loyalty OBC.

Edited by Aus Traveller

15 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

No , there is the official 'rule' that was once published in the brochure available at the captain circle desk, which was readily available on my Star sailing last December.

How couples are circumventing this 'rule' intentionally or otherwise is a different subject.