Dominque Nicole

marylovestotravel

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 1:19 PM, pinotlover said:

Your Travel Agent May be a good source for the email address. Also an excellent intermediate for any specific requests you may have while aboard.

+1

FYI Oceania frowns on their shipboard staff corresponding with future passengers as they feel (with good reason IMHO) that it pulls focus from those lucky passengers who are presently on the ship.

These people work long, trying hours as it is, why subject them to hundreds (maybe thousands) of emails in addition?  Even deleting those emails can be quite a job.

47 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

+1

FYI Oceania frowns on their shipboard staff corresponding with future passengers as they feel (with good reason IMHO) that it pulls focus from those lucky passengers who are presently on the ship.

These people work long, trying hours as it is, why subject them to hundreds (maybe thousands) of emails in addition?  Even deleting those emails can be quite a job.

Dear StanandJim,

I understand that there should be a professional distance between staff and passenger. I was only asking if there is any way to contact the Marina for planning purposes. It was not a "personal" enquiry.

Mia

1 minute ago, marylovestotravel said:

Dear StanandJim,

I understand that there should be a professional distance between staff and passenger. I was only asking if there is any way to contact the Marina for planning purposes. It was not a "personal" enquiry.

Mia

Mia-

Personal or professional was not the issue, although it occurs to me that anyone feeling close enough to send personal correspondence would most likely already have contact information.

Consider, if you will, that there are probably somewhere in the region of fifty thousand future guests awaiting passage on a ship the size of Marina, at any given time, and that about 70% of them would have sailed with Oceania before.

Best to plan through your Travel Agent.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Mia-

Personal or professional was not the issue, although it occurs to me that anyone feeling close enough to send personal correspondence would most likely already have contact information.

Consider, if you will, that there are probably somewhere in the region of fifty thousand future guests awaiting passage on a ship the size of Marina, at any given time, and that about 70% of them would have sailed with Oceania before.

Best to plan through your Travel Agent.

This I have done already last week, following gracious advice from pinotlover. Enquires have been started. 

Mia

On 1/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, marylovestotravel said:

Does anyone have a contact email for Dominque Nicole. I think he will be the GM for our March cruise on the Marina.

Thanks,

Mia

One of the best GM's the Oceania has. Sailed with him quite a few times and would love to do it again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ORV said:

Depending on what your issue is the Concierge would probably be a better avenue to go through. 

I normally would go through the Concierge once onboard, but thought I would be a little advance of the game and make some enquiries beforehand. I am in conversation with someone now. Thanks.

Mia