What is being done about coronavirus.....

Travelcat2

I just received the following from Regent via my travel agent:

Effective immediately, Regent Seven Seas Cruises is providing you and your clients greater confidence with Regent Reassurance. For all voyages beginning April 3, 2020, through November 1, 2020, your clients can now cancel up to 30 days prior to sailing and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied to a new booking within one year on any 2020 or 2021 Regent voyage.

Regent Reassurance begins today and applies to all existing bookings plus new bookings made by April 30, 2020, on all voyages from April 3, 2020, through November 1, 2020.

For those clients who took advantage of our previously communicated final payment extension period to 60 days1, nothing more needs to be done. Once final payment is received, they, too, can take advantage of Regent Reassurance. For those who cancel prior to 60 days, they are still entitled to the 15% Future Cruise Credit we communicated previously.

Our top priority continues to be the safety, security and well-being of our guests, partners and team members. We have proactively implemented a comprehensive set of preventative measures and continue to consult with the World Health Organization and U.S. Centers for Disease Control. For the most updated information and an update to our COVID-19 protocols, please refer to https://www.rssc.com/coronavirus-statement.

Our aim is that through Regent Reassurance, this temporary change in policy will enable you to maintain your existing Regent bookings and drive new ones with confidence.

Thank you for your support. We will thrive together. We have an amazing business in a resilient industry with incredible people and partners.

Sincerely,

Randall Soy

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, taxare said:

Effective immediately, Regent Seven Seas Cruises is providing you and your clients greater confidence with Regent Reassurance. For all voyages beginning April 3, 2020, through November 1, 2020, your clients can now cancel up to 30 days prior to sailing and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied to a new booking within one year on any 2020 or 2021 Regent voyage.

Regent Reassurance begins today and applies to all existing bookings plus new bookings made by April 30, 2020, on all voyages from April 3, 2020, through November 1, 2020.

For those clients who took advantage of our previously communicated final payment extension period to 60 days1, nothing more needs to be done. Once final payment is received, they, too, can take advantage of Regent Reassurance. For those who cancel prior to 60 days, they are still entitled to the 15% Future Cruise Credit we communicated previously.

Our top priority continues to be the safety, security and well-being of our guests, partners and team members. We have proactively implemented a comprehensive set of preventative measures and continue to consult with the World Health Organization and U.S. Centers for Disease Control. For the most updated information and an update to our COVID-19 protocols, please refer to https://www.rssc.com/coronavirus-statement.

Our aim is that through Regent Reassurance, this temporary change in policy will enable you to maintain your existing Regent bookings and drive new ones with confidence.

Thank you for your support. We will thrive together. We have an amazing business in a resilient industry with incredible people and partners.

Sincerely,

Randall Soy

Thank you iso much for sharing this with us.  Once again, Regent is doing the right thing.  I obviously had no doubts.

Edited by Travelcat2

1 minute ago, taxare said:

Sincerely,

Randall Soy

Received email and have already cancelled 3 April Explorer transatlantic (today is exactly 30 days in advance so needed to be done tonight).  With news of Grand Princess today, we were not going to enjoy the cruise as much as we should so an easy decision.

Marc

• Like 1

There are people on this thread that need to know that Regent does, in fact, take care oftheir passengers.  You made my point!  Perhaps we can now get on to other news and not bash each other!

I have multiple cruises with Regent and have also been on Seabourn as well as river cruises with Tauck and Uniworld. All of these companies have excellent products. However, after following Cruise Critic for the last few years I find it hard to consider you objective. You too frequently come across as a shil  for Regent and have in the past been very caustic to people who criticize Regent, including me ( your post ultimately  removed by the moderator).  Such behavior does set you up for criticism.

2 minutes ago, Gray Eagle02 said:

There are people on this thread that need to know that Regent does, in fact, take care oftheir passengers.  You made my point!  Perhaps we can now get on to other news and not bash each other!

I have multiple cruises with Regent and have also been on Seabourn as well as river cruises with Tauck and Uniworld. All of these companies have excellent products. However, after following Cruise Critic for the last few years I find it hard to consider you objective. You too frequently come across as a shil  for Regent and have in the past been very caustic to people who criticize Regent, including me ( your post ultimately  removed by the moderator).  Such behavior does set you up for criticism.

Interesting.  When Cruise Critic came out with their first relaunch of their website, I was active on their board and people thought that I worked for Cruise Critic.  Actually, I feel passionately about things - especially when a person/company is unfairly criticized.  Posters that have followed my posts know that I have blasted Regent over some issues but not this issue.

CC is for opinions, etc., it is not a forum to criticize others.  It is my intent to enlighten posters that do not have the depth of experience with how Regent handles crises.  My opinions are strong and my experience with Regent/Radisson goes back 16 years.  It is easy to bash Regent but it much more difficult to explain how they go above and beyond for their customers.  

I do not need to be always right but when Regent comes out with temporary policies to ease the strain for their passengers (explained in post #803), it only serves to reinforce my belief that Regent will do the right thing.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, taxare said:

Sincerely,

Taxare thank you so much for sharing!  I have forwarded to my travel agent to confirm, and know I now have about 3 1/2 weeks to decide.

19 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Received email and have already cancelled 3 April Explorer transatlantic (today is exactly 30 days in advance so needed to be done tonight).  With news of Grand Princess today, we were not going to enjoy the cruise as much as we should so an easy decision.

Marc

Can you please explain how FCC applies (for sailings up to what dates)? We do not have a specialized Regent TA in NZ, and our TA is yet to receive this communication 😞

3 minutes ago, Kiwifromkiev said:

Can you please explain how FCC applies (for sailings up to what dates)? We do not have a specialized Regent TA in NZ, and our TA is yet to receive this communication 😞

Here is the email:

We sincerely appreciate your partnership and advocacy on behalf of your clients. During these challenging times, we believe more communication is essential. Therefore, we endeavor to keep you informed throughout this ever-changing environment.

Effective immediately, Regent Seven Seas Cruises is providing you and your clients greater confidence withRegent Reassurance. For all voyages beginning April 3, 2020, through November 1, 2020, your clients can now cancel up to 30 days prior to sailing and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied to a new booking within one year on any 2020 or 2021 Regent voyage.

Sincerely,

Randall Soy

Randall Soy
EVP, Sales & Marketing
Regent Seven Seas Cruises

1Offered on the following sailings: Seven Seas Splendor July 6, 2020 and August 4, 2020; Seven Seas Navigator® June 30, 2020 and July 28, 2020; Seven Seas Explorer® June 30, 2020 and July 10, 2020; Seven Seas Voyager® July 6, 2020; and Seven Seas Mariner® July 1, 2020 and July 8, 2020.

We have asked for this to be used for an already booked 2021 cruise; if not, we will have to book another 2021 cruise.

Marc

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Here is the email:

Sorry, I was not specific enough - the bit where it says "it can be applied to a new booking within one year on any 2020 or 2021 Regent voyage." Does this mean you have 1 year to apply but the voyage can be through to the end of 2021? TYIA 🙂

Has anyone been tracking what is happening with Grand Princess today?  This could do more harm to cruising than the Diamond Princess or Westerdam issues.  I still have a limit order in to buy NCLH stock but I just lowered the strike price as this could hit bad in the am.

Marc

Thank you so much for sharing the Regent email.  I have not heard from our TA yet.  We have been dealing with our adult children’s concerns for two days now about our Rome to Miami cruise.  We do fall into the high risk category.  They will be relieved.  We will be relieved and disappointed.

Pence is supposed to meet with cruise ship line execs Saturday.  The Grand Princess situation may be accelerating action within, and without, the industry, IMO, along with the California governor's action.  It does look as though most lines are adapting booking/cancellation policies to current reality, I think.

Hmmm, just got home and I see the posts on this new cancelation policy from Regent. I have heard nothing from my TA and I’m obviously not going to at 11:30 pm. I wonder how the deadline for the April 3rd transatlantic will be handled because the way I am reading the policy, I have to decide in the next 30 minutes. 

Just now, sierrafloridacruiser said:

Hmmm, just got home and I see the posts on this new cancelation policy from Regent. I have heard nothing from my TA and I’m obviously not going to at 11:30 pm. I wonder how the deadline for the April 3rd transatlantic will be handled because the way I am reading the policy, I have to decide in the next 30 minutes. 

Are you thinking of cancelling?

14 minutes ago, Kiwifromkiev said:

Are you thinking of cancelling?

I would like to have the option to think it over in spite of very fast moving events (the newly quarantined Princess ship). Crystal announced a similar policy earlier today, and it is the second of my two cruises that are not literally B2B but are part of the same 5 week trip. My “30 day before sailing” deadline for that cruise is not until March 23rd. I’d like to be able to wait and see what happens but may not get that option with the Regent cruise. We do have CFAR insurance too. 
but damn, I’m so disappointed and upset at the whole situation. On multiple levels. The river cruise part of our trip was catalyst for our longer travel plan, with two other couples who arefriends we haven’t vacationed with in a while and have never cruised with. We were all really really looking forward to the Danube together. I’m fairly certain they will cancel.  

2 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Thanks for posting the information, it's odd why April 3 is the start date---but glad they did this.  We'll have to think about it.

suggest this is the earliest 30 day from the date of the letter

Oddly, Australia/NZ Regent office has no information on this letter yet, they are "expecting a new informative" tomorrow. Does this mean that anybody from this region will miss out on 3 April cancellation option because of this? 

8 hours ago, taxare said:

Sincerely,

Randall Soy

We had to cancel our May cruise a couple weeks ago because we were taking my lung compromised 90 year old mother in law. We also have another immediate family member in the high risk category. We cancelled on the last day of the 50% loss because we didn’t want to risk the 75% loss.

Do you think Regent will honor this new policy for us? We have another cruise booked for December and the world cruise booked for 2022. I emailed my TA but, great as he is, he’s not usually in the office at 4:30 am.

8 hours ago, taxare said:

For those who cancel prior to 60 days, they are still entitled to the 15% Future Cruise Credit we communicated previously.

When & how was that communicated to customers? Don't recall seeing that here in the UK.

3 hours ago, Kiwifromkiev said:

Oddly, Australia/NZ Regent office has no information on this letter yet, they are "expecting a new informative" tomorrow. Does this mean that anybody from this region will miss out on 3 April cancellation option because of this? 

We have certainly heard nothing about this from Regent UK, and our TA is usually very quick to inform us of anything

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

When & how was that communicated to customers? Don't recall seeing that here in the UK.

We have certainly heard nothing about this from Regent UK, and our TA is usually very quick to inform us of anything

Flossie, when I was on the phone with Regent Australia, they said that the US gets all informative first and Australia, NZ ans UK a day or two later. I am just repeating what I am being told.