Celebrity Suite Class on Mediterranean Sailing?

Grenouille21

Hello,

We are booking a Med sailing, most likely for 2021. I am looking at Apex, and the Sky Suite (and its' related perks- including wifi, bev pkg, and gratuities for guests 1 and 2) sound amazing. However, this is a really port-intensive sailing and I am not sure we will really enjoy the perks. We will be doing excursions through the ship, most likely, so I am not sure whether priority tendering etc. is worthwhile. On the other hand, I am thinking priority boarding/disembarkation might be worthwhile. I know we will have 1 sea day, and we will have 1-2 days where we are on shorter excursions. 

I know "Is it worthwhile?" is a subjective question, and depends to many on exact cost comparisons etc. But overall, is Europe/Western Med. a place where having a suite and its' associated benefits like priority embark/disembark etc. are going to be well-used? I would appreciate any thoughts from those who have sailed this itinerary. really on any cruise line, with or without suite benefits, and whether you think it would be worth having. Thanks!

Well, on those sea days, you will have lots of opportunity to use your "perks"....and if cabin space is something you like  (and I sure do), then even on days when you're ashore, you'll still have your evenings.  

You're right...it's all what YOU enjoy and can afford!  We seldom see a need to be "1st off" at any port, so that "perk" is a waste to us, but the suite life is mighty sweet!

2 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Well, on those sea days, you will have lots of opportunity to use your "perks"....and if cabin space is something you like  (and I sure do), then even on days when you're ashore, you'll still have your evenings.  

You're right...it's all what YOU enjoy and can afford!  We seldom see a need to be "1st off" at any port, so that "perk" is a waste to us, but the suite life is mighty sweet!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We do appreciate having space (3 in a cruise ship room is a bit too close for comfort). I am thinking we will keep the suite for now, and downgrade if it seems unnecessary later on. 

• 1 month later...

Have sailed in suites for three med cruises; and have another one booked this Oct.  We don't worry about how port intensive the itinerary is; we like the extra space in cabin, like having the suite perks, and large balcony.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/6/2020 at 7:02 AM, AF-1 said:

Have sailed in suites for three med cruises; and have another one booked this Oct.  We don't worry about how port intensive the itinerary is; we like the extra space in cabin, like having the suite perks, and large balcony.  

Agree...looking forward to my true aft Sky suite on X Reflection July 2021.