Diamond Internet for No Show passenger?

discru

Hello!  DH and I are DIamonds and will be cruising soon, but there is a possibility DH won't be able to make it due to a work conflict.  I understand if he doesn't make it, that I will get double C&A points.... but what about his free 24 hours of internet?  Would I be able to log in for my 24 hour period AND HIS 24 hour period, even if he is a no show??  I know we will still be charged for the 2nd passenger, whether he shows or not, but wasn't sure what happens to his internet.  Anyone have experience with this? 

9 minutes ago, discru said:

Hello!  DH and I are DIamonds and will be cruising soon, but there is a possibility DH won't be able to make it due to a work conflict.  I understand if he doesn't make it, that I will get double C&A points....

How are you getting an extra C&A point? If you husband is a no show you do not get his points.

3 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Only if he cancels correct?  She said hes still charged for second passenger. Would that not only work if he cancels and she pays for solo?

No.  It works if second passenger is a no show or cancels prior to embarkation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Thanks. Wasn't sure how it worked. Now he doesnt get squat correct

He gets the benefits of her points at the end of day, unless he had more to begin with😉🐸👸

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

I would expect you won’t be able to use his free internet but they no longer ask for the folio number when creating an account, just the room number and birthdate. You can certainly try to create an account using his birthdate. If it lets you, the D coupon may be there also.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Once he is a no show, you can no longer do that (set up anything with that passenger info).

Understand what you are saying and one shouldn’t be able to create a voom account with that info but remember, we are talking about Royal IT. 🙂

13 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Understand what you are saying and one shouldn’t be able to create a voom account with that info but remember, we are talking about Royal IT. 🙂

LOL. So true.  Might be worth a try... 😉  If he is a no show (which is likely),  I'll want to purchase internet package.  From what I understand, it is better/cheaper to do this once onboard because of the Diamond free hours.?

56 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Understand what you are saying and one shouldn’t be able to create a voom account with that info but remember, we are talking about Royal IT.

While I have not tried it since the newer access version of VOOM, I personally have tried before, twice, and it won't let you create a login.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, discru said:

From what I understand, it is better/cheaper to do this once onboard because of the Diamond free hours.?

Depends on the length of the cruise and current planner price. The price is so dynamic now, it's hard to provide an answer. Do the math assuming the on board D discount is $23, Surf is $16 and Stream is $20.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1