TV Channels on Bliss

geegee1

Yes, I know that you personally don't watch TV when on a cruise.  Why would anyone want to do that, when there are so many other things to do.  But for those of us that do enjoy turning the TV on, anyone know what channels are currently airing in the staterooms on Bliss?

• Haha 1

Here is what I can remember off the top of my head.

CNBC

MSNBC

FOX News

In house movie channels that show (for free) some current movies (ie, Avengers Endgame which I will never watch again due to number of times I saw parts of it during a 14-day cruse).

Action movies

Comedy movies

Drama movies

Family movies

A channel that showed popular TV shows

Several ship specific related channels (daily activities, safety, port information, etc)

• Like 1

Probably the same as Getaway and Escape, a couple of news channels (BBC, MSNBC), a European sports channel (lots of soccer, cricket etc), several ship related channels (shopping, ports, navigation, shipboard activities), a movie channel and maybe a kids channel. No network stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

CNBC

MSNBC

FOX News

In house movie channels that show (for free) some current movies (ie, Avengers Endgame which I will never watch again due to number of times I saw parts of it during a 14-day cruse).

Action movies

Comedy movies

Drama movies

Family movies

Several ship specific related channels (daily activities, safety, port information, etc)

Why no CNN?

CNN has been gone for probably close to 10 years from NCL's lineup of onboard channels.  

We're on the Norwegian Star back in 2008 doing a Mexico Rivera itinerary, with live CNN coverage of Mexico & safety for tourists visiting the in-lands, before we lost the "signals" midway.  I seemed to recall HBO and Discovery/History Channels available onboard then, complimentary & not PPV.  

3 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

CNBC

MSNBC

FOX News

Action movies

Comedy movies

Drama movies

Family movies

3 hours ago, KarlChilders said:

Probably the same as Getaway and Escape, a couple of news channels (BBC, MSNBC), a European sports channel (lots of soccer, cricket etc), several ship related channels (shopping, ports, navigation, shipboard activities), a movie channel and maybe a kids channel. No network stuff.

Really wish they would have a US based sports channel, even if it was CBS Sports Network or NBC Sports.  Just something besides endless cricket and soccer.

• 4 years later...
13 hours ago, MomentsNotice said:

Are these channels still current? Particularly interested in CNBC on the escape. 

The last post sure looks like the current (January) lineup.

Lot's of Shark Tank reruns on CNBC channel at night.