This makes me happy, no more plastic bottles on NCL

RobInMtl

On 1/30/2020 at 7:38 PM, tweety33 said:

Did it just taste like water or did you find it to taste nasty.

I didn't like the taste of "JUST water" either.  I tried it at various temperatures. Nothing like any bottled water I've ever had. The only way I can describe it is like a wet cardboard aftertaste?  More power to them if they can get people to drink or buy it...

I feel this is just gimmick packing. Why not use aluminium cans?

I agree, I hope they install some water filling stations. Bring your own bottle or yeti type cup. The ship water tastes better and it is free.

10 hours ago, Islandhop9 said:

I didn't like the taste of "JUST water" either.  I tried it at various temperatures. Nothing like any bottled water I've ever had. The only way I can describe it is like a wet cardboard aftertaste?  More power to them if they can get people to drink or buy it...

I feel this is just gimmick packing. Why not use aluminium cans?

I agree, I hope they install some water filling stations. Bring your own bottle or yeti type cup. The ship water tastes better and it is free.

celebrity uses aluminum water bottles on some of their ships.

question is are these paper ones cheaper?

1 hour ago, Emu2302 said:

The “Just” water tasted fine to me. But I still don’t think the mixed use terapak packaging is any better environmentally than plastic. 

If they only changed to this material to incinerate it onboard as birdtravels stated earlier in this thread then it's infinitely worse.

On 1/28/2020 at 5:53 AM, ziggyuk said:

I honestly don't see how these bottles are even remotely better than the old plastic ones.

They are still single use.

They are not paper, they are mixed materials and are not as easy to recycle as a plastic (single material) bottle.

Impregnated paper containers such as tetra pak, milk cartons or soup carton are mixed material and not easy to recycle, certainly in my area they won't even accept these packs.

At least NCL are taking care of the recycling, and hopefully they packs will end up being recycled just like the plastic bottles were!

Take them home or off the ship and I bet they end up in landfill unlike plastic which at least can be easily recycled. If I took one of these home, it would have to go in the general rubbish where a plastic bottle would go in my recycle bin.

The bigger problem is the single use, not necessarily the material, as said above it's about time more clean water stations were installed, serving clean, filtered, chilled water, not only on ships but everyday life.

LZWSRK_workout-scene.jpeg

in our area they won't recycle waxed paper products