Labadee zip line and coaster questions

mitsugirly

We will be here on my daughters birthday and I want to do several things they have there. When booking, I see they have certain times you book for. 

My question: Since you pick a time, do they run on schedule? Or do they tend to get behind? If I picked a time, of like 11am, for the zipline, then what time would be good to pick a time for the coaster? It looks like they schedule every half hour.

How do you get up to the ziplines and coasters? Do you have to walk a hill or stairs?

What's you pro's and con's of the 2 ziplines: laydown or sit down?

Do you think that there's enough time in the day to do the coaster, zipline AND maybe a parasail or is this trying to pack too much in?

• 2 weeks later...

We will be here on my daughters birthday and I want to do several things they have there. When booking, I see they have certain times you book for. 

My question: Since you pick a time, do they run on schedule?

We have done the zip line 3 times, and they seem to be pretty close to schedule, twice it was earlier, but they waited till actual time to start video.

If I picked a time, of like 11am, for the zipline, then what time would be good to pick a time for the coaster?

We have never booked the coaster and have ridden in 4 times on 4 different cruises.  We usually arrive to Labadee, stake out our chairs then walk to the reservation area, and book and walk up and stand  in line.  Now mind you if you are on an Oasis class ship or at this destination with two ships in ... you could have a wait to ride.  Once we waited one hour in the hot sun.  So go early.

How do you get up to the ziplines and coasters?

The zip line has a gathering place with video close to the pier, easy walking distance.

Then after the video, you climb a small hill to the practice area, and after that their all terrain vehicles take you out of the enclosed area up the hill.

The coaster is an easy 10 min. walk past the building with the vendors or you can take the tram.

What's you pro's and con's of the 2 ziplines: laydown or sit down?

We have only done it sitting, have not tried the superman approach.

Do you think that there's enough time in the day to do the coaster, zipline AND maybe a parasail or is this trying to pack too much in?

One year we did the zip line, coaster and water slide (the water slide is a waste of time and money).

We had fun, but said we would never book 3 events again here.  We were always hurrying to get somewhere, and just want some time to chill.

Now when we go here, we either do the zip line or jet skis, one is enough.

Oh we have done the jet skis about 8 times and for us weekend warriors we have fun.

Enjoy Labadee, we do.

Safe travels.

19 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

The zip line has a gathering place with video close to the pier, easy walking distance. they waited till actual time to start video.

Is this video some type of safety video or something? We've been ziplining plenty of times (other places) and have never watched any type of video.

We usually arrive to Labadee, stake out our chairs then walk to the reservation area, and book and walk up and stand  in line.  Now mind you if you are on an Oasis class ship or at this destination with two ships in ... you could have a wait to ride.  Once we waited one hour in the hot sun.  So go early.

So you just leave your things on the chairs? I've heard there are lockers to rent. Any idea how much and if it's for all day rental?

We are on the Oasis, so I guess we will need to book early.

Then after the video, you climb a small hill to the practice area.

The coaster is an easy 10 min. walk past the building with the vendors or you can take the tram.

Where do you catch the tram at? Is that free?

Oh we have done the jet skis about 8 times and for us weekend warriors we have fun.

Yea, we love jet skis but own several of them, including a racing one. So jet skiing when on vacation for the outrageous amount they usually charge usually isn't worth it to us.

Enjoy Labadee, we do.

Safe travels.

Thanks SO MUCH for all your help. I really appreciate it.

s this video some type of safety video or something? We've been ziplining plenty of times (other places) and have never watched any type of video.

Very very basic safety video, what to do and what not to do.  We have zip lined at other ports also and this is the first place we are made to watch the video after we sign the waivers.

So you just leave your things on the chairs? I've heard there are lockers to rent. Any idea how much and if it's for all day rental?

We have always booked suites so we head to suite beach (barefoot) get 3 loungers and lock our lockable Kyss bag to the chair with our stuff in it.  Once we rented a locker because we got to check in too early and they moved us up to earlier zip, so we rented the locker before going to suite beach, I think it was $8 and you can access a locker for this one time fee all over the area, all day.

Where do you catch the tram at? Is that free?

The tram has stops all over the resort area, all the way from Columbus cove to Adrenaline beach, no problem catching one, and FYI if you had to walk, you would have no problem.The tram is free, just like the ones that drive you around at Walt Disney Parking from your car to entrance.

Enjoy Labadee, we do.

Safe travels.

Thanks SO MUCH for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Edited by Lionesss

I guess I should ask....what is the practice area? Is it a small zipline they show you how to sit and hold on or something? What are you practicing and is it in the air?

Do you know if you're allowed to take a camera or gopro with you on the ziplines?

On 2/9/2020 at 10:23 AM, mitsugirly said:

I guess I should ask....what is the practice area? Is it a small zipline they show you how to sit and hold on or something? What are you practicing and is it in the air?  It is a  miniature version of the real thing.  It is about 15 ish feet off the ground where they have you put your harness on and they show you how to take off.  About 100 feet long in distance.

Do you know if you're allowed to take a camera or gopro with you on the ziplines?

People had the gopro vest or attachment for their heads.

They make sure you have nothing around your neck to strangle you if it gets caught in any piece of equipment going down.  We also saw people holding their cameras, which did not make the attendants to happy.

We bought the picture in  the jacket they provided in the photo shop (on the ship).  It gave all the details of the zip line and was a great portfolio.

Also,  I have a fear of heights and they must have seen the fear in my eyes when we were on the mountain.

One of the attendants took me by the hand, calmed me down and told me just to look at the green tree tops and when I felt comfortable to take in the view..... he also said he would do a countdown so I would know when I would go.....3...2...1...bye bye-- I did what he said and had an awesome time, so much fun we did this excursion again on another sailing.  

I always get a little anxious as I sit on that bench waiting for the safety teather to separate me to the zipping

Enjoy  we do.

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

It is a  miniature version of the real thing.  It is about 15 ish feet off the ground where they have you put your harness on and they show you how to take off.  About 100 feet long in distance.

People had the gopro vest or attachment for their heads.

They make sure you have nothing around your neck to strangle you if it gets caught in any piece of equipment going down.  We also saw people holding their cameras, which did not make the attendants to happy.

We bought the picture in  the jacket they provided in the photo shop (on the ship).  It gave all the details of the zip line and was a great portfolio.

Also,  I have a fear of heights and they must have seen the fear in my eyes when we were on the mountain.

One of the attendants took me by the hand, calmed me down and told me just to look at the green tree tops and when I felt comfortable to take in the view..... he also said he would do a countdown so I would know when I would go.....3...2...1...bye bye-- I did what he said and had an awesome time, so much fun we did this excursion again on another sailing.  

I always get a little anxious as I sit on that bench waiting for the safety teather to separate me to the zipping

Enjoy  we do.

Thanks for the info and the story. That's awesome and glad you enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be there for the first time this summer with two teenagers aged 16 and 18.  They would like to do the zipline, but us parents would not!  How would we meet them when they have finished?  Are they brought back to the start?

Would the water inflatables be a bit young for older teenagers?  What about the water slides?  And I may as well ask about the coaster too, while I'm here!  Is that fun for older kids?

Thanks in advance, really looking forward to it!

12 hours ago, jimdee said:

We will be there for the first time this summer with two teenagers aged 16 and 18.  They would like to do the zipline, but us parents would not!  How would we meet them when they have finished?  Are they brought back to the start? You can easily follow the signs to the end of the zip line and stand behind the barrier and take their pictures as they come in.  Not hard to find, just ask for directions to the area.  less than a 5 min walk from pier.

Would the water inflatables be a bit young for older teenagers? They will love them, but they are very strenuous, out in the water, a lot of climbing, and yes there will be many young children on them, they could be over run with rug rats.  But safety is a major concern and the life guard presence is excellent. 

What about the water slides?  The slide is a major waste of money.  You cannot see over the sides and not enough water is running down it to keep you moving, and to top it off you end up in a big tub, not the ocean.  Major waste of construction, save your money. 

I may as well ask about the coaster too, while I'm here!  Is that fun for older kids?

We LOVE the coaster and have ridden it on over 5 different cruises.

We never book it ahead of time, we arrive when the ship docks go to the check in and register, they ask do you have reserva tions and we say no, they go ok fill out the waiver and we need your sea pass to bill to your account.

We walk over and are usually on it with in 10 min. early in the day.  Once we waited till the afternoon and the line was over an hour in the hot sun, it was painful...so try to go early.

Thanks in advance, really looking forward to it!

This summer our two cruises are only going to cococay, we will miss Labadee!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lionesss