Toddlers in the Kids Club

Kathamo

Hi there, I'll be cruising with my two-year-old on the Royal Princess in April. The Princess website says that children younger than three can "explore" the kids' club with an adult (i.e., there is no drop-off childcare for kids younger than three, but they are allowed inside with a parent or other adult). My question is: Can children younger than three participate in the activities that may be going on in the kids club, under the supervision of their adult (me)? For example, a sample Kids Patter listed "Play-Doh Fun" as an activity. Another listed face painting. It would be frustrating for my son to see other kids participating in activities and not be able to join in (to the extent that they are age-appropriate).

I searched the Princess website and couldn't find any answers. Thanks!!

Edited by Kathamo

7 minutes ago, Kathamo said:

Hi there, I'll be cruising with my two-year-old on the Royal Princess in April. The Princess website says that children younger than three can "explore" the kids' club with an adult (i.e., there is no drop-off childcare for kids younger than three, but they are allowed inside with a parent or other adult). My question is: Can children younger than three participate in the activities that may be going on in the kids club, under the supervision of their adult (me)? For example, a sample Kids Patter listed "Play-Doh Fun" as an activity. Another listed face painting. It would be frustrating for my son to see other kids participating in activities and not be able to join in (to the extent that they are age-appropriate).

I searched the Princess website and couldn't find any answers. Thanks!!

In our experience (with our 2 year old GS) Princess does not allow any age group to participate in any other age group activity.

I would think there is no way Princess would let a toddler under 3 to participate in any age group activities going on in the kids area/club/center etc.

I would think it is a major liability issue.

• Like 1

I think I read somewhere about a grandparent who sat with their grandchild while they participated in kids activities. I don't think play-doh is much of a liability issue, and not really the same as if a 7-year old wanted to participate in the older group activities and so on. Since the parent will still be there, they will be responsible and then I assume the child can play as long as he/she is old enough to understand what to do. On the other hand, this is just guesswork since we haven't been on a Princess cruise yet!

• Haha 1

I sat in kids club with our granddaughter on at least two cruises. In one case she was included in making something with her hand print. They offered to let her join in. There were only three or four other kids that day. Mostly we just went in and she climbed and played in the room for a bit while I watched her. She had fun I sat and watched as she played in a sort of padded play and climb area.   She loved it even if the other kids were doing activities

My kids are now and 8 and 12, but have been cruising Princess since they were under a year. I have spent many hours sitting in the kids program while my kid played - back in those days there was no problem with them being part of whatever activity happened to be taking place at the time. It might have changed, but if they didn't want the child to partake in the activities then they would limit the hours under 3s were allowed in the area as they do on some other lines. As far as I know, as long as the club is open your toddler can be in there (with an adult) and join in. Good luck and have fun!