Late cancellation and CruiseNext?

brookie848

We are going to have to cancel our upcoming cruise (scheduled for 2/23/20). What happens to our CruiseNext certificates that we used to book? Are they just gone?

That's fine if they are, I'm just curious. We purchased special insurance knowing that this might happen, so we're okay there.

And to give everyone a smile...we got a call yesterday morning at 4:58 a.m. telling my husband that a kidney became available for him for transplant (he's been on the list almost three years). As we were getting ready to go to the hospital, he looks at me and says, "28 days and we would have been on the cruise! Too bad this couldn't have happened six weeks later!"

Regardless, we're grateful for the kidney and thank everyone who is generous enough to donate organs so many others get a second chance. We know we'll be on other cruises in the future!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

We are going to have to cancel our upcoming cruise (scheduled for 2/23/20). What happens to our CruiseNext certificates that we used to book? Are they just gone?

That's fine if they are, I'm just curious. We purchased special insurance knowing that this might happen, so we're okay there.

And to give everyone a smile...we got a call yesterday morning at 4:58 a.m. telling my husband that a kidney became available for him for transplant (he's been on the list almost three years). As we were getting ready to go to the hospital, he looks at me and says, "28 days and we would have been on the cruise! Too bad this couldn't have happened six weeks later!"

Regardless, we're grateful for the kidney and thank everyone who is generous enough to donate organs so many others get a second chance. We know we'll be on other cruises in the future!

I don’t have an answer but wanted to wish your husband the best and yes you’ll  have many more years of cruising!!!

• Like 1

Because final payment has passed, I do believe you loose the Cruise Next deposit. Someone else could probably confirm.

More importantly, I wanted to say how awesome it is that your husband is getting a kidney. Wishing you both the best!

We had to cancel a cruise back in 2018 after final payment.  My mom had fallen and broken her hip.  She had travel insurance.  NCL put the CruiseNext coupon back onto my parents' account -- the travel insurance wasn't even involved in that part.  Of course that meant the travel insurance claim was smaller because they didn't lose the $250 value (or $125 actual cost of purchase) of that coupon.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Your Cruise next certificate and port charges and taxes (and anything you purchase) will be refunded in full. Only the cruise fare is subject to penalties. 

No the Cruise Next is not just refunded.  It is part of the total payment and subject to the cancellation policy.  

8 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

No the Cruise Next is not just refunded.  It is part of the total payment and subject to the cancellation policy.  

Agreed this was my experience. Whatever is refunded that will come back on the CruiseNext first, anything left will be returned to the form of payment.

So if you used two CNC and your total refund was $450, you'll get one CN for $250 and the other at $200.

I your refund is $600 both CNs get refunded in full and your credit card used for payment would get a $100 credit.

12 hours ago, Farts said:

Congrats! 

Was your husband on dialysis? If so, was it peritoneal dialysis? I am just wondering how HD or PD would work on a cruise ship given the bags of fluids. 

He was on PD. He did manual exchanges last year and planned on bringing his cycler this year. 

He uses Baxter supplies and we had to let them know before-hand -- 60 days domestically and 90 days for Puerto Rico. They only delivery the solution -- you have to bring everything else (at least to Puerto Rico). The solution was already in our cabin last year when we arrived. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

He was on PD. He did manual exchanges last year and planned on bringing his cycler this year. 

He uses Baxter supplies and we had to let them know before-hand -- 60 days domestically and 90 days for Puerto Rico. They only delivery the solution -- you have to bring everything else (at least to Puerto Rico). The solution was already in our cabin last year when we arrived. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes!

I am very happy for your husband.

Is it a live donor? 

4 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

No...if it was a live donor we would have planned it for after the cruise! 😁

Ic. I am not too familiar with transplant medicine. 

Can he not go to the cruise bc of all the immunosuppression drugs?