10 Year Old Coffee Card

rachel_95762

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

After August 31, 2019 NO coffee cards are any good. Lots of info here on CC regarding this change.

I've had a different experience with this.  I still have couple of old coffee cards and just took one of them with me on a cruise back in October.  I went to the IC and I said to the barista, 'you don't have to but was just wondering if you still took old coffee cards'.  He smiled and told me to write my name on the back on the card and took it and put it in a cup back by the ordering screen.  You did have to give it up and at the end of the cruise, completely used or not, nobody would get it back.  They found it whenever we went up to the IC for our coffee, punched it and placed it back in the cup.  We still have a couple cards left ... and a cruise booked for this summer in which we don't have the beverage package, so we might try it again.  If they say no, that's fine ... I refuse to chastise anyone for just doing their job.  If they say yes ... well, yooohooo!! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

I personally witnessed someone using their old card, on board the Grand Princess, this month.  I was surprised to see it was accepted.  If you don't ask, the answer is always no.

The situation that I wrote about above also happened to be on the Grand.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, partybarbie said:

I personally witnessed someone using their old card, on board the Grand Princess, this month.  I was surprised to see it was accepted.  If you don't ask, the answer is always no.

I was on the same cruise and saw the same thing..  Now I question why I gave away my last 7 cards 🙂

• Like 4

4 hours ago, nini said:

Darn! I store it with my passport so  I do not lose it.  Bittersweet...

If I found a 10 year old coffee card next to my passport, I would be more worried about the validity of said passport, rather than whether I could spend the coffee card! 😉 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Is there a chance that partiebarbie & LARGIN saw Cruise Raider using his/hers?  Or are they just still that prevalent out there?

I don't know about Largin but we've not had the pleasure of sailing on a cruise with PartyBarbie yet.  

PS ... there were about 20 cards in that cup on the cruise I was on.  I still have 2 cards left, one half used and the other one is unused.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

2 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

So how were they issued in the past?  Did one buy them like they buy a coffee package today?  I don't understand how some people mass more than 1-2?  I would think you'd use them prior to acquiring any new ones.  Unless they were given out via elite benefits and are leftovers?

They were elite / suite benefits for trading in our mini bar when we had the beverage package.  Once they announced they were being discontinued, we didn't trade them in any longer.  But, we still had like 4 old ones.  

2 hours ago, pms4104 said:

So nothing's really changed ... seems they're good forever, or at least while Princess exists?

Huh?  No, they are no longer good forever.  Princess has declared that the old cardboard cards are no longer valid, although it seems that some barristas will honor them -- maybe only for one more cruise. 

The new Coffee Packages are electronic only, without a physical card, and these expire at the end of the cruise (leaving aside issues such as back-to-back).  

11 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Huh?  No, they are no longer good forever.  Princess has declared that the old cardboard cards are no longer valid, although it seems that some barristas will honor them -- maybe only for one more cruise. 

The new Coffee Packages are electronic only, without a physical card, and these expire at the end of the cruise (leaving aside issues such as back-to-back).  

I understand the expiry ... but apparently there are enuf exceptions to make it seem never-ending.