Miami Airport to hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Cabernet Girl

Hi, we are flying into Miami and staying 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise on Sky Princess in November.  I'm looking for any advise on easiest/reasonably priced transfers from Miami airport to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale.  We are 2 adults with 2 large cases plus hand luggage.  Any help would be much appreciated.

You might better answers if you ask this over on the Florida Departures board.

I did something similar a week and a half ago. I flew into MIA, stayed for two days in Miami and then travelled to Port Everglades to board the Regal. I was looking at an Uber and the projected cost was going to be around US$65 or so. But once I factored in other trips, I realised that for me it made more sense to just rent a car for 2 days (ended up costing US$83 to rent a premium sedan for two days with a small upcharge for picking up the car at MIA but dropping it off at FLL).

11 minutes ago, Croptop said:

You might better answers if you ask this over on the Florida Departures board.

I did something similar a week and a half ago. I flew into MIA, stayed for two days in Miami and then travelled to Port Everglades to board the Regal. I was looking at an Uber and the projected cost was going to be around US$65 or so. But once I factored in other trips, I realised that for me it made more sense to just rent a car for 2 days (ended up costing US$83 to rent a premium sedan for two days with a small upcharge for picking up the car at MIA but dropping it off at FLL).

Thank you for your reply, I'll have a look at the Florida board.  I don't think we would hire a car, as we are from the UK and not too keen on driving abroad.

1 hour ago, Cabernet Girl said:

Hi, we are flying into Miami and staying 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise on Sky Princess in November.  I'm looking for any advise on easiest/reasonably priced transfers from Miami airport to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale.  We are 2 adults with 2 large cases plus hand luggage.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Cabernet Girl,

You can catch the train directly frominside Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale. First you catch the MIA mover (free) directly to the train station and catch the train out.  That is called the Miami tri rail.   It's very simple and is very cheap too. 

https://www.tri-rail.com/stations/miami-airport

If you search on Youtube there is an excellent video that shows you the whole journey too.  Also it stops at Fort Lauderdale Airport and you should be able to arrange with your hotel to collect you from there.

Hope that helps.

Edited by livinforcruisin

1 minute ago, Cabernet Girl said:

Thank you livinforcruisin , that looks a great option and as you say very cheap.

It really was very straight forward.  We had always stayed in Miami before with Princess, but on the last occassion we were sailing with a different cruise line and their overnight hotel costs were prohibitive to say the least.  Once we had done this journey on the train, we couldn't beleive how easy, straightforward and cheap it had been.  As I said , lots of videos about it too on Youtube which really helped us visualise the journey before we made it.  Hope it works out for you and you have a fabulous cruise.