need help....

Jeff&Mel

Good morning to all you wonderful people 🙂  We are cruising in a little less than a month....

Our last cruise was 5 years ago.  We are cruising out of Baltimore, to the Bahamas for 2 ports, Charleston S.C. and Orlando.  I am having a very difficult time getting excited mostly due to the problem of having NO IDEA what to pack!!!  Help me!  Please help me figure out what to pack and please remind about all the wonderful things that come with cruising 🙂  Thanks in advance-

Why pack?  

😄

I am leaving out of Baltimore in 3 days.  Layer.

I will wear a medium jacket and maybe a sweater if needed (pack it if not worn).  But you are not outside that much.

I will pack a couple of long sleeve shirts and a few short sleeve shirts (some button up, some polo).  One spare long pants, and one pair short pants.  One dress shirt and tie for formal night, if I go.

Swim suits (at least two for drying).

Normal stuff (underwear and socks), and gym wear (I REALLY intend to work out some 😄 ). Hat for sun.

Flip flops, dressy shoes, wear athletic shoes.

Sleep wear if you use them

Phone and tablet and eReader.  Chargers and cables.

But if you really hate packing, you might want to consider nudist cruises. 😄 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you're doing an 8-night cruise from Baltimore, it's always cold the first sea day. So you should pack a jacket or sweater. By early to late afternoon on the second sea day the weather will warm up. You'll have warm weather for the duration until your final sea day. So pack as you would for summer weather, shorts, short sleeves shirts, couple of long sleeve shirts for formal nights, a jacket or blazer, perhaps a tie. Nothing to get stressed over. 

Have a great cruise. 

Jonathan

10 hours ago, cruiserking said:

If you're doing an 8-night cruise from Baltimore, it's always cold the first sea day.

Jonathan

So if they cruise in July, the first day will be cold?????

😄

11 minutes ago, SRF said:

So if they cruise in July, the first day will be cold?????

😄

OP indicates they are cruising from Baltimore in less than a month, so February.  However, by mid-day the second day they should be in mild weather, but will encounter the same change returning.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

OP indicates they are cruising from Baltimore in less than a month, so February.   However, by mid-day the second day they should be in mild weather, but will encounter the same change returning.

Yes, I already answered the OP. 🙂

And that is why I added the 😄 to the last post.  The person I quoted just said that, "If you're doing an 8-night cruise from Baltimore, it's always cold the first sea day."

No, not ALWAYS.  Yes, in the fall to spring. 🙂

But I guess the 9 and 12 night cruises are not cold on the first day either. 😄

Edited by SRF

1 minute ago, SRF said:

Yes, I already answered the OP. 🙂

And that is why I added the 😄 to the last post.  The person I quoted just said that, "If you're doing an 8-night cruise from Baltimore, it's always cold the first sea day."

No, not ALWAYS.  Yes, in the fall to spring. 🙂

But I guess the 9 and 12 night cruises are not cold on the first day either. 😄

Sorry - Got the full context of both responses now, with the significance of your emoji.  😉 

And Baltimore is a great departure port cruising down the Chesapeake!

We cruised out of Charleston 4 yrs ago in March to the Bahama's and froze our butts off from Ft Sumter until getting below Miami. SC can go either way temp. wise at that time of the

year.

Layers should keep you covered. Include a heavy sweater and light windbreaker.

Edited by JMorris271
  • Like 2

Currently, Charleston is only in the 60's during the day - chillier at night.  We sailed out of NY when it was 65 degrees during the day and within 15 minutes of being underway it was positively freezing on the outer decks from the wind and ship movement.

I wouldn't be looking for much in the way of shorts weather until FL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiserking said:

They said they were cruising in less than a month. 

Jonathan

ONE MORE TIME.

The OP said that.  The post I replied to said ANYTIME and only specified 8 night cruises. 

And I added 😄 to show IT WAS A JOKE.

Reading comprehension is important.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

ONE MORE TIME.

The OP said that.  The post I replied to said ANYTIME and only specified 8 night cruises. 

And I added 😄 to show IT WAS A JOKE.

Reading comprehension is important.

I saw that part too. I have amazing reading comprehension. I am a member of Reading Comprehension Club of New York. We meet every third Tuesday in March. Maybe, you'd like to join us? 

We're reading Mary Had a Little Lanb next. I hear it's good.

Jonathan 

On 1/28/2020 at 9:33 AM, SRF said:

Why pack?  

😄

I am leaving out of Baltimore in 3 days.  Layer.

I will wear a medium jacket and maybe a sweater if needed (pack it if not worn).  But you are not outside that much.

I will pack a couple of long sleeve shirts and a few short sleeve shirts (some button up, some polo).  One spare long pants, and one pair short pants.  One dress shirt and tie for formal night, if I go.

Swim suits (at least two for drying).

Normal stuff (underwear and socks), and gym wear (I REALLY intend to work out some 😄 ). Hat for sun.

Flip flops, dressy shoes, wear athletic shoes.

Sleep wear if you use them

Phone and tablet and eReader.  Chargers and cables.

But if you really hate packing, you might want to consider nudist cruises. 😄 😄

Thank you! I just might consider a nudist cruise someday 😉

On 1/28/2020 at 7:40 AM, Jeff&Mel said:

Good morning to all you wonderful people 🙂  We are cruising in a little less than a month....

Our last cruise was 5 years ago.  We are cruising out of Baltimore, to the Bahamas for 2 ports, Charleston S.C. and Orlando.  I am having a very difficult time getting excited mostly due to the problem of having NO IDEA what to pack!!!  Help me!  Please help me figure out what to pack and please remind about all the wonderful things that come with cruising 🙂  Thanks in advance-

Depending on what you consider "cold" even Orlando/Cape Canaveral and Bahamas might be chilly. 

My husband and I did a Bahamas cruise from Baltimore a few years ago late Feb/early March.  I second the recommendation for layers.  Hoping you still have warm weather - many of our ports were quite pleasant, but I also find 70F water and 80F air temp warm/comfortable.  Depending on what you are doing at the other ports, 60's and 70's would be nice too.

Edited by pacruise804