Celebrity Press Release (1/28/20) Celebrity Cruises Unveils Encore In Edge Series

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Celebrity Press Release (1/28/20) highlighting updates to Celebrity Apex. Enjoy !

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/reaching-the-apex-of-luxury-at-sea-celebrity-cruises-unveils-encore-in-edge-series-with-new-celebrity-apex-300994472.html

The press release implies a "notably larger Fitness Center" in the Apex;however,If you compare the deck plans it doesn't seem any different EXCEPT for reconfiguring the two Motion Studio rooms. Personally I thought the Fitness Center was just fine. The only issues I had was the lack of individual restrooms easily accessible to the Fitness Center (There's one co-ed Individual Rest room near the Motion Studio Rooms) and the slight level change at the end of the first third of the Fitness Center. 

The two most obvious changes in the Apex is the addition of another Hot Tub (For a total of two) in the Solarium and the swapping of the Shore Excursions and ILounge spaces. Of course this is only what's discernible from the published Deck Plans. I'll be on the Apex in November and look forward to the new programming in Eden and the main theater!

And a couple of pics from the shipyard visit today (via Harry Kemble)

The bi-fold doors have been ‘frosted’ and the furniture size has been reduced in the Infinite Veranda cabins

iv.thumb.jpg.0dd430fcbcf85eed6117feb342d4c649.jpg

“The one thing that we needed after Edge was a little more sun and wind protection in the Rooftop Garden Grill, we are going back and doing the same thing on Edge."

rg.thumb.jpg.c4ad7ba8a63f36a7238582022484b664.jpg

Thanks dides for  "photos".

Craft Social looks cozy...esp for non game mellow times!  The curved bench at the Rooftop is very uncomfy and would not have been missed by many!  (seems similar to the one in the Port Ev cruise terminal..impractical there too.)   Glad they are adding shade!

Edited by hcat

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks dides for  "photos".

Craft Social looks cozy...esp for non game mellow times!  The curved bench at the Rooftop is very uncomfy and would not have been missed by many!  (seems similar to the one in the Port Ev cruise terminal..impractical there too.)   Glad they are adding shade!

I agree that the waiting area in the new Celebrity Terminal could be so much better than it is. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 10:13 AM, Andy said:

Hi Everyone,

Celebrity Press Release (1/28/20) highlighting updates to Celebrity Apex. Enjoy !

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/reaching-the-apex-of-luxury-at-sea-celebrity-cruises-unveils-encore-in-edge-series-with-new-celebrity-apex-300994472.html

Hello Andy.... I'd like to send a word to Lisa Perloff (sp?).  Do you know how to contact her office directly?  Even 'contact us' doesn't show any direct link to customer service, let alone the office of the executives.  Thanks if you can help...sorry to bother you with this, and we miss you!

Edited by oceangoer2

32 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Hello Andy.... I'd like to send a word to Lisa Perloff (sp?).  Do you know how to contact her office directly?  Even 'contact us' doesn't show any direct link to customer service, let alone the office of the executives.  Thanks if you can help...sorry to bother you with this, and we miss you!

Hi Oceangoer2,

How are you ? I hope all is well !

In most corporate structures... the email address is typically the first letter of the person's first name, and, their entire last name. For example, Joe Smith would be "JSmith@aaa.com". Celebrity has 2 email domains : @Celebrity.com & @Celebritycruises.com .  FWIW, I've tried emailing Ms. Lutoff-Perlo in the past (via email & via Twitter), and have not received a direct reply. With that said, your email will undoubtedly be read, and it's likely that someone from her team will respond.

Thank you for your very kind thoughts. I miss everyone on here very much, though I visit often, and help when I can. Life has changed in recent months, as My Mom took very ill late last year. Thankfully, she's doing MUCH better now, and we just celebrated her 95th Birthday on Reflection 2 weeks ago. I'm also writing a book. Not sure if it will ever be published, or, if I will try to publish it - but I'm enjoying the project, as I love writing and helping others. Between my full time job, taking care of Mom, & the book... time is a precious commodity right now.

I am considering doing Cruise podcasts. Recently purchased the equipment. Would anyone like to see that project happen ?

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out anytime. My email address is HostAndy at Comcast.net or you can Direct Message me at : @HostAndy on Twitter. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Andy said:

Hi Oceangoer2,

In most corporate structures... the email address is typically the first letter of the person's first name, and, their entire last name. For example, Joe Smith would be "JSmith@aaa.com". Celebrity has 2 email domains : @Celebrity.com & @Celebritycruises.com .  FWIW, I've tried emailing Ms. Lutoff-Perlo in the past (via email & via Twitter), and have not received a direct reply. With that said, your email will undoubtedly be read, and it's likely that someone from her team will respond.

Thank you for your very kind thoughts. I miss everyone on here very much, though I visit often, and help when I can. Life has changed in recent months, as My Mom took very ill late last year. Thankfully, she's doing MUCH better now, and we just celebrated her 95th Birthday on Reflection 2 weeks ago. I'm also writing a book. Not sure if it will ever be published, or, if I will try to publish it - but I'm enjoying the project, as I love writing and helping others. Between my full time job, taking care of Mom, & the book... time is a precious commodity right now.

I am considering doing Cruise podcasts. Recently purchased the equipment. Would anyone like to see that project happen ?

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out anytime. My email address is HostAndy at Comcast.net or you can Direct Message me at : @HostAndy on Twitter. 

Andy, I’d buy your book!  So glad Mom is doing better!  Love the idea of you doing a cruise podcast!

Edited by awhfy

52 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Andy, I’d buy your book!  So glad Mom is doing better!  Love the idea of you doing a cruise podcast!

Sorry, off topic, but....We were on the Norway in '93....beautiful, classy public rooms.  DD was part of the dance troupe on the ship and it is still the best choreography we've seen on any ship....biased..maybe, but JARyan still holds the reputation of being THE best for ocean performances.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Hi Oceangoer2,

Thx Andy....imagine...95 and going strong...kudos to you for your loving care.  You most likely already know, but any correspondence to senior execs (President etc) in most cases  goes through an exec assistant who decides where that communication should go and sometimes is referred right back to customer service.  At which point the exec's signature is applied if there's to be a response.  So..having been part of that exec team (major national corporation) in the past there's little likelihood she will be able to respond to me, but at least my comment will be registered 'somewhere'.

Edited by oceangoer2