Travel Smith is out of business!?

Realblonde474

I was seeing Travelsmith products on Chadwick's website. Now Chadwick's has closed. too. The website says they have closed while their brand is being 'refreshed," but no expected reopening date is listed. They closed down their credit card services for anything except payment on a balance. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 1:13 AM, simplelife said:

I was seeing Travelsmith products on Chadwick's website. Now Chadwick's has closed. too. The website says they have closed while their brand is being 'refreshed," but no expected reopening date is listed. They closed down their credit card services for anything except payment on a balance. 

I used to buy a lot from them--I had to wear business attire to work and spent thousands of dollars a year with them.  Their customer service really took a nose dive around 2002 and after a couple of pretty serious situations not resolved to my satisfaction (one involving release of my credit card info to an unauthorized third party that they didn't think was a big deal!) I stopped buying from them, and they didn't seem to care.  Based on those experiences, it doesn't surprise me that they eventually folded.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Can confirm….Travelsmith and Magellans are now one and the same.

You can type Travelsmith.com and Magellans.com into your web browser and it takes you to the exact same website, which seems to be still in business.