Bliss Margaritaville Rumor

Greenpea2

4 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Mine does too. Looks like Margaritaville is toast. Going to miss those margaritas.

Oh crap, me too! I never got to have one. Was so looking forward to having some from there in a few weeks ... oh well...

6 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

It will always be the Uptown Bar & Grill to me. 

Never was in the Bliss. Nor the Flamingo Bar. 

Now that their contract with Jimmy Buffett is over, they can dump the branding and go to a generic for fee restaurant. 

8EAD87CB-AC94-4143-ACEA-32FCA66F1C15.jpeg

AE400854-6F69-4A20-92F4-CCB314E1B3F6.jpeg

89A93F06-D362-4CA6-B697-BC8235B89A43.jpeg

F3AB8D5F-AA19-4E1F-964E-4352339D03E3.jpeg

6EFE5DC5-A765-4DD5-A142-88F7889C6772.jpeg

BEB37F3F-0D77-4DFB-B028-7FA3C0197A0B.jpeg

1E1AFA26-5C53-4B72-9C77-73CA619E1C03.jpeg

4B238D60-0BBA-472E-83F9-3C9478FF5A0B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jbcallender said:

They were paying Jimmy a licensing fee, no doubt, but there is already a captive audience, so it does no good to have a brand name.  Would you book Norwegian simply because there is a Margaritaville restaurant on board?     

People book certain Carnival ships because of Guys burger place all the time lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well, I can confirm (not a rumor, it is true) - it isn't going to be a flat $15 charge on the Bliss.  Based on the updated booking screen, American Diner comfort food will be a la carte pricing, plus 20% service charge ... for your convenience, of course.  

Suffice to say, Margaritaville onboard never appealed to us and neither will this.  Last time on the POA, comfort food served onboard at the Cadillac Diner was complimentary (it's been a while, of course) ...

Bring back Blue Lagoon, instead.  :classic_biggrin: :classic_tongue:

Screenshot below taken a short while ago ...

NCL Bliss 6 Apr 2020 Dining options - American Diner.jpg

Edited by mking8288

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Breakfast buffet has been free, as far as I know...

• The breakfast buffet was free. They offered a small but adequate breakfast selection including pastries and breakfast sandwiches. Pro tip: the coffee is around the corner from the beverage station. I didn't figure that out until I was leaving the buffet.
  • American Diner was open for lunch but not dinner, with a la carte pricing instead of the Margaritaville flat rate. I didn't get around to trying it (although I had intended to, oh well) and it never looked all that busy.

BirdTravels posted the menu (American Diner is also on Encore) in post #205:

Edited by coastcat

1 hour ago, ZoeyRox said:

Where do you think they will do the special Haven embarkation day lunch in lieu of Margaritaville? 

Wondering the same. What do they do on the Joy? Also are they going update the decor, or will it still look like Margaritaville until the next dry dock?

Edited by tomservo

3 hours ago, gizfish said:

People book certain Carnival ships because of Guys burger place all the time lol.

I feel as if guy burger is more popular when it comes to the food aspect of this. People who sail Carnival swear by how good the burger is there. I personally didn't think Jimmy was that good and they are paying him a boat load of money for licensing. All in all no brainier for NCL 

I can’t believe anyone would actually pay extra for any of that food at the American Diner on top of the cruise fare already paid. Really? Extra money for cheese sticks on a cruise? Pfffff........ just another flop of a decision by NCL. They sure are trying their hardest to get every dollar from those willing to hand it out so easily for crap. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I can’t believe anyone would actually pay extra for any of that food at the American Diner on top of the cruise fare already paid. Really? Extra money for cheese sticks on a cruise? Pfffff........ just another flop of a decision by NCL. They sure are trying their hardest to get every dollar from those willing to hand it out so easily for crap. 

But with that, I don't understand why someone would pay extra to eat at a restaurant on board that you can eat at on land (well unless there isn't one where you live).  Both ideas are foreign to me.   When I go on a cruise, I want to do things I don't do on land.  But I guess to each their own.

I will say, having gone on a Carnival Cruise with a Guy's, those burgers ARE really good.  But, they are included in the price of the cruise.  This is all extra fee that I'm not paying extra for, be it the Diner or Buttet's place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruising Chuck said:

If they do book a cruise JUST for a burger, they are NOT VERY SMART.  I think this may be your opinion, but no factual statement.

It might be a factor, and if there are two ships that go to the same place, it could factor into the decision.