Bliss Margaritaville Rumor

Greenpea2

1 hour ago, Liljo22 said:

But there was with Margaritaville which had less and similar options did?  Like someone else mentioned, NCLs contract with Buffet was done and they didn’t feel that his brand was driving enough business to warrant another deal.  

No, I didn't say that. There was nothing worth paying extra there either :). 

I actually think that if the Margaritaville had the same vibe and music of a land based and went back to A la carte it could have been successful. 

The diner thing I just don't see being any more successful than MV was and it's a shame because it's a great area.

5 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Yep, first time! Solo the first leg and then my SO, my parents, my brother, and his SO are all on the second leg.

Congrats, I’m jealous! We’re restricted by our kid’s schedules, they can’t miss too much school. It’s our first time on the Bliss and we’re excited! Really looking forward to the District Brewhouse and Food Republic. 

Its hard to remember but at one time Margaritaville was included in your cruise fare.   Then it was a very low price.  When they raised it to the  price of a specialty restaurant, the appeal was lost and it was no longer a crowded venue.  People are reporting that the American Diner is a ghost town too.  The menu looks fine but what you would expect to get at the MDR.  Most cruisers are smart with their money. Is the burger worth $14 more than the burger at the buffet or MDR?

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

Someone else mentioned this too, but for embarkation day presumably they will offer American Diner to Haven guests?

I wonder if free or at a 50% discount?  Free, I’d certainly try it (lobster rolls look really good! lol).  If it is 50% off, I guess we are having lunch in the Haven.  (Assuming Margaritaville will be no more)

7 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Its hard to remember but at one time Margaritaville was included in your cruise fare.   Then it was a very low price.  When they raised it to the  price of a specialty restaurant, the appeal was lost and it was no longer a crowded venue.  People are reporting that the American Diner is a ghost town too.  The menu looks fine but what you would expect to get at the MDR.  Most cruisers are smart with their money. Is the burger worth $14 more than the burger at the buffet or MDR?

If I recall correctly Margaritaville lasted exactly 1 cruise as an included restaurant.  Apparently there were 2 hour lineups for lunch and the next cruise it was a la carte.

1 hour ago, fava said:

If I recall correctly Margaritaville lasted exactly 1 cruise as an included restaurant.  Apparently there were 2 hour lineups for lunch and the next cruise it was a la carte.

That fad sure wore off quickly. It's been a ghost town since I can remember.

Hi! I am on the BA right now and can confirm they are removing MV next month and replace it with the American Diner. MV was also deserted and a waste of revue space. Also, I noticed they have no beer on tap right now in all the bars I've been to. A lot of cans and bottles available, don't know what direction they are making here. I will check with the Head Bartender tonight. Ted.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ESCARGO said:

Hi! I am on the BA right now and can confirm they are removing MV next month and replace it with the American Diner. MV was also deserted and a waste of revue space. Also, I noticed they have no beer on tap right now in all the bars I've been to. A lot of cans and bottles available, don't know what direction they are making here. I will check with the Head Bartender tonight. Ted.

Are they going to renovate the space or just plaster American Diner signs over the Margaritaville ones?

18 hours ago, ESCARGO said:

Huh ... no beer on tap anywhere?  Is BA short for Bliss or is that an area?  Surely that doesn't include the District Brew House ... that will make no sense and I will be a very unhappy camper in March.

1 minute ago, poffles said:

Huh ... no beer on tap anywhere?  Is BA short for Bliss or is that an area?  Surely that doesn't include the District Brew House ... that will make no sense and I will be a very unhappy camper in March.

BA is the Breakaway. It is a different NCL ship.

3 minutes ago, poffles said:

Breakaway does not have the District Brew House. 

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Breakaway does not have the District Brew House. 

If you read my full question, that was my reason for asking what BA was ... since this was talk of 'Bliss' Margaritaville I didn't consider that and wasn't sure if that was a typo... got my answer though.

19 hours ago, ESCARGO said:

That's weird. On all 5 NCL cruises we have taken beginning in 2010 there has always been draft beer onboard somewhere. Of course I am the type of guy who will sniff out the best beer bar onboard any ship.

Went to MVille on Escape for lunch first day courtesy of Haven.  We had the nachos which everyone talks about - they were average at best - we have at least two places around here that have much better nachos.  We also shared a chicken quesadilla that was on par with the Campbells Soup recipe.  I was however surprised by the burger and fries.  The burger and bun tasted really fresh and it was almost as good as Fuddruckers.

The highlight was Food Republic which while also quite empty the food was superb.  With it now being an option with the dining plans I'd suspect it is busier.

It was fairly crowded the first lunch, probably due to Haven guests, but other than that, it was dead.

3 hours ago, dexddd said:

Went to MVille on Escape for lunch first day courtesy of Haven.  We had the nachos which everyone talks about - they were average at best - we have at least two places around here that have much better nachos.  We also shared a chicken quesadilla that was on par with the Campbells Soup recipe.  I was however surprised by the burger and fries.  The burger and bun tasted really fresh and it was almost as good as Fuddruckers.

The highlight was Food Republic which while also quite empty the food was superb.  With it now being an option with the dining plans I'd suspect it is busier.

It was fairly crowded the first lunch, probably due to Haven guests, but other than that, it was dead.

See thats why food is very subjective.  To me Fuddruckers is a slight step above fast food burgers.  I don't think its good and there are 10 burger places around me that I would go to before them.  

At the end of the day, the included food on the ship is great (imo). There's little reason to pay extra for anything. I take specialty dining as a perk but wouldn't go out of my way to get it and I won't pay extra for diner food. 

If there was something in that space that made it cool to hang out and have a few drinks like an actual Margaritaville with live music and a nice atmosphere I might be tempted to order some a la carte munchies and stay there rather than leave for dinner. MV was a good idea, just poorly executed. 

I think a diner bombs even faster unless they make it an experience like Johnny Rockets with dancing servers, fun music, etc. Is this the case or just food and decor?

On 1/31/2020 at 7:19 AM, Sheshefran said:

Are they going to replace Margaritaville on the Escape as well?

Margaritaville is still listed as a dining option on the summary for our May 3rd cruise on the Escape. I suppose things could change before then, but it would be tough with no open dates before then.

16 hours ago, mkmaj said:

I think a diner bombs even faster unless they make it an experience like Johnny Rockets with dancing servers, fun music, etc. Is this the case or just food and decor?

JR is another “pay for a hamburger that you can get for free.... literally. We go to JR for breakfast and get the hamburger and eggs for free. An hour later, you need to pay for the same hamburger. 

24 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

JR is another “pay for a hamburger that you can get for free.... literally. We go to JR for breakfast and get the hamburger and eggs for free. An hour later, you need to pay for the same hamburger. 

I'm just saying atmosphere wise. And my only JR experience is land based. I haven't sailed Royal and don't plan to as long as NCL keeps the value for product that they've offered since we started cruising.